Horrible hosting experience!

Hollie6
Level 10
Page, AZ

Horrible hosting experience!

I had a guest check in at 1am which is fine with me as we have an attatched casita below our house so its very private and quiet, however they called at that time to let me know they found a bloody t-shirt in the laundry room and blood on the walls. They said they did not feel comfortable staying so they left and got a hotel.

I was really confused and since I'm out of town, I had  my Mom go by and check things out. What she found was a rag with rust on it sitting on top of the laundry hamper. I have my housekeepers put the dirty towels they use in the hamper, thats how I do it at all my property's and have never had a problem. Keep in mind they pulled this towel out and set it next to a bottle of peroxide that I leave for my guests and they told Airbnb it was blood. They also sent the supposed picture of blood on the walls. It was actually dot smaller than an eraser head, on a baseboard, in the corner of the bedroom that was actually moth excretion. They then took a picture of my dresser that has a couple of tiny dings in the paint and said it was mold. It was not mold. If you look at my propertys and reviews you will see I get stellar 5 star reviews and people say how clean and nice it is. Many have even said its the nicest they've ever stayed at. My Mom also discovered that the ladies had turned one of my photo's of a Native man playing a drum and a woman doing yoga over so they couldn't see it. Most people love this photo as it was a man and woman who came to my yoga studio and he played while she taught yoga. It was an amazing experience. I feel somehow they were offended and looking for something to get them out of having to stay at my property. Airbnb backed the guest up and let them cancel with no penalty and when I asked if they could leave a review they said yes.

I put so much love and attention and detail into all my property's and this is the first time Airbnb has really let me down. They have alwasy backed me up in the past and I'm really fair. If I'm in the wrong I will pay up but in this case I'm in the right and these guests are getting away with it.

Can I take this up to a higher ranking manager does anyone know?

Sorry so long,

Hollie

3 Replies 3
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Hollie6 ugh-- this seems to be a risk of Airbnb hosting these days. In your shoes I would focus on the response to any review they leave-- keep it brief and professional, for benefit of future guests only (these guests probably won't see it). Sometimes hosts post draft responses here for advice before posting on their listings. And please give these guests an honest and thumbs-down review so other hosts can avoid them.

Hollie6
Level 10
Page, AZ

Thank you Lisa! That is a great suggestion to leave response here and get feedback first. I'm feeling quit emotional about it so I know now is not the time to re-act...It's so disappointing that Airbnb can't call a few previous guests and ask them about the details and cleanliness and look at all my amazing reviews. I'm not sure if you all can see my 6 property's as I'm co-host with my boyfriend on a few of them but you can tell by the photo's and reviews we run a pretty tight ship!

Again, thank you,

Hollie

Ps

I will leave a review

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Hollie6 @Lisa723 

What a jolly nightmare @Hollie6 

Please make sure you rate these Guests accordingly, maybe even where it asks if you would Recommend them or not to tick the 'No' option.

Make use also of the Public Feedback after they have written there review so you balance it out.

Maybe say how you feel it's a random inaccurate. or not truthful Review when compared with your otherwise highly recommended ones.

All the best