Host Issue - Creating a Requirement

Host Issue - Creating a Requirement

I contacted customer support yesterday and I don't think they are understanding my issue...and...I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?  When I go to my Listing Tab>Availability>Trip Length>and create a new "Requirement" the drop down choice for minimum stay overrides my listing minimum, but when I choose a check-in day in the second drop down, that choice "does not" override the listing check-in day.  For example, my minimum stay is set for 7 days on my listing.  However, if I want to choose a minimum stay of 3 days for September, I can create a new "Requirement" for that month and select 3 days as my minimum.  Then, if a guest is looking for 3 days in September, my listing pops up.  However, the same cannot be said for the second drop down that allows me to choose a check-in day.  For example, my listing is set for Saturday check-in only.  To prove a point, let's say I wanted to  allow guests to check-in on any day they wanted in the month of September.  You would think that all I have to do is choose "Any Day" in the drop down for the "Requirement" and like the minimum rental, it would override the "Saturday Only" check-in I have set for my listing.  You would expect this drop down to act just like the minimum rental and override the listing for the time period you choose in the "Requirement".  Unfortunately, this is not happening for me when I create a new "Requirement".   The first drop down for minimum rental overrides my listing minimum rental, but the second drop down for check-in day does not.  When I contacted customer service, the agent said that I needed to change my check-in day to "Any Day" for my entire listing.  If this is true, why even have the drop down in the "Requirement"????  I believe that this is either a glitch on my listing, or it is an oversight by the design team.  Anyone else having this issue?

2 Replies 2

@Bryan290 I think it would be easier to leave your listing requirements as they are - for a week, starting at Saturdays, but in your listing write that sometimes you allow 3 days stay - but only after a  Request is sent which should be approved. And again - stress it - NO INSTANT bookings for 3 days.    

@Bryan290 why don't you create rule sets in your calendar rather than edit the listing? That way you can set minimum length of stay & check in or out days then apply them for specific dates.