Host claimed a falsed charge and Airbnb agrees with them... What should I do?

Jinshi0
Level 1
Ithaca, NY

Host claimed a falsed charge and Airbnb agrees with them... What should I do?

My friends and I stayed in a house for one night as part of our spring break trips. Five days after our stay, the host request for 1200 dollars because he thinks that we have moved a grill next to the siding, causing damage to the siding and the carpet, which we definitely didn't do it AT ALL. He has some photos and the receipts. We declined the request saying that we didn't do it. He then involved Airbnb and a person from ABB reached out to us to hear our story. We told him in detail that we didn't do it and we request additional proof that there is no such damage prior to our stay, which he definitely can't provide since we didn't cause the damage. Actually one of my friends remembered the grease on the carpet once we entered the house, but we didn't record it since it is on the outside porch and the carpet is used and very old. We haven't heard from Airbnb or the host for 10 days until today. Airbnb sent us an email that they agree with host's story WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL PROOF and charged a full deposit (500) on my card, saying that the damage costs about 1700. How should I further dispute with them? We are just students and we can't afford such a large amount which we are not responsible for. 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You could try them on social media?

You mean talking to the host via methods other than Airbnb message?