Host lied on review response

S79
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Host lied on review response

I have used Airbnb off and on for a while now. I have had great experiences with some and not great with others but it never dealt with a lying and rude host until recently. I left a detailed review on her listing and her response is a blatant lie. She claims that I disturbed other guests during our confrontation. The confrontation happened in the parking area, about 500' from the tent the other guest was in. I quietly went back to my space while the HOST followed me and kept talking in an abusive manor as we walked passed other guests. I repeatedly told to stop talking to me now and that I was leaving. 

While I was packing up she was talking to the other guests and when I came out she followed us again to our car, again talking at which point i had reached my limit and told her to shut up. She yelled across her own parking lot as i was driving away calling me ugly and a bitch. I did not even make eye contact with other guests. She blatantly lied and I have no way to respond to her lie. She is a psychopath and not a safe host. 

5 Replies 5
Jade105
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Hi, S. It sounds like you had an incredibly unpleasant experience, to say the least. Are you looking for a solution to your encounter with AirBnB's customer service? If the confrontation was abusive in nature and your safety was in question, did you contact the police? These are serious accusations you're levelling at the host.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @S79,

Welcome to the Community Center.

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you. As Jade mentioned, have you been in touch with Airbnb to make them aware of this? There's a helpful guide on how to contact Airbnb which you can find >here<. 

Please let us know. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@S I've read your review of the host, the host's review of you, and both your responses. 

You've left quite a few salient details out here, such as the late check in and late check out you requested (and got), the rude text you sent your host first thing in the morning, and the full refund you've already received. 

Your host has over 250 5* reviews, and a proven track record. Not a single one of those other guests seem to have noticed any psychopathic tendencies at all in her. Funny, that.... 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@S79

I see you have been fully refunded for your stay

I see you and your host both have great reviews.

And I see both yours and your host reviews are to long and to detailed. You were both emotional when you wrote your reviews and this is not good for either of you.

I don't understand why you felt you should write this post after all?

Its not about money. Its about someone blatantly lying to get more people to stay with them. She is crazy. A host shouldn't lie. 

Furthermore, I had a misscarriage. Baby stopped growing three weeks ago, same time as when i took this trip. The stress or my stupidity for booking the trip in the first might have been the cause.