Host offered me different price.

Host offered me different price.

I tried to book a place, so I contacted with the host.
He replied me saying that the place I inquired is full so he offered me a different room with different price. He created "Special Offer" for me for this new room. The price was almost double from his initial post, however, I booked the new room anyway.

After while, I needed to bring two more people to this room that I had booked from him, His post says if there are leas than 5people, there are no additional price.

Yet, he tried to charge me extra 15 Euros/ a night to add two more people.

Basically, my sense is he attracts people with very low fare and once guest contact with him, he gave a different price (more expensive) and create "Special Offer" to charge more to the guest.

His post is simply to attract prospective guests with substantially low price and if you contact with him, story is very different....
Twice, he gave me a different prices from his actual post.

1) The fare for stay.
2) About an additional cost for extra people.

Is this can be a case to file a complain to AirBnb?

Your advise and any comments, I really appreciate !

7 Replies 7
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Yoshiko3,

How frustrating.  I agree that he is trying to get more money out of you.  If I were you I would not stay with this host because at this point, you have a negative feeling about it, and you should trust that.  I would also flag the message stream so that the company sees that this person is trying to charge you for the extra people when he said he wouldn't.

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Cancel the booking.  If the cancellation policy is strict, cal the company to do the cancelling.  You should not have to pay if this guy is giving you the run around.

Hello, Hillary and Ed.

Thank you so much for your comments and advise.

Your words helped me to cool my head down and to look at this case more rationally.

As you suggested, l will report this case to protect my stay. Also, to improve experiences for all the other AB users.

Regardless, I keep my sprit up and continue my march...

Thank you again, I really appreciate your advise.

Have a wonderful summer!

Yoshiko

Glad I could help. That's what this forum is for!

🙂

Yes, this is a good resourse of information and make it better experience.

Thank you, again!

Yoshiko

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Yoshiko3  I am so glad you reached out to this host  forum.  @Hilary-And-Ed0 advice is spot on.  The responsible and caring hosts do not want travelers to experience this type of host behavior.  Your profile reflects that you are the type of guest hosts would enjoy having in their home so I hope you will continue to enjoy the many places on Air BNB.

Hello, Linda.

Thank you for your encouraging comment. 

Yes, if you are a quality host, you do not try to charge more than it shows on the actual post.

To keep enjoying travel through AirBnb, I will use this forum to create a discussion or reading other discussions to inform myself.

I totally appreciate your uplifting advise.

Best,

Yoshiko