Hosting in Puerto Rico while living in the US

Janice246
Level 2
Clearfield, UT

Hosting in Puerto Rico while living in the US

Hello!

My husband and I would like to start hosting through Airbnb in PR. We haven’t bought yet but are looking to buy since prices are pretty low in many areas right now. I was born and raised there so I know the island but I’m nervous about managing it remotely. We live in Utah. 

Questions,

1. What locations are best to invent in currently? Best property management?

Our budget  up to 250K. 

2. Any advice for a newbie? I would love to have some resources to help us do this right the first time. 

Thanks in Advance!

janice 

37 Replies 37
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

I can't tell you anything about that market, but in general when hosting remotely it is extremely important to have a reliable local co-host.

Thank you Lisa! That makes sense. Would a property management company serve as cohost? Or would you recommend someone else in addition?

Jason843
Level 3
Massachusetts, United States

Yes, your property manager would be a cohost.  Please interview several.  Remember to continue to follow up with your PM.  Hopefully you can visit the property enough to keep tabs on what is going on.  If you are an absent owner PM can become lazy.  Try not to get one that is going to nickle and time you for everything.  But from a guest experience the PM can make all the difference.  That can make or break you.

Jason843
Level 3
Massachusetts, United States

100% agree with Lisa.  My property manager makes all the difference in the world.

Thank you, Jason! We visit the island 2-3 times a year since my parents live there. So I definitely would be going just notnas present as I’d like to be. We’ve also thought of investing closer to home, but property prices in Utah and skyrocketing! 

Robyn231
Level 2
Luquillo, Puerto Rico

Hello Janice, I run a Proerty managment compnay on the east end in Luquillo, we also have licensed real estate agents, to assit with buying options. 

let see if this works our website is eastendlivingpr.com

Airbnb may block the above website^^

you can find us on Face book as well 

east end living pr   all one word.....

we hope to hear from you soon. 

Thank you Robin! I will check this out! 

Genesis20
Level 2
Puerto Rico

Hello @Janice246  and everyone,

My name is Genesis Camacho and I founded a property management company in Puerto Rico, At Your Service LLC. I am seeking Airbnb hosts that need assistance managing their Airbnb listings and other platforms. We offer the following:

Only manage the communications portion. (Online Services)

Only manage the property management in-person portion. (Personal Services)

Only handle the housekeeping portion. (Personal Services)

All of the above or combine services.

We currently manage around 20 properties online only in Asia and have personally managed around 7 properties in the San Juan area, all for super hosts!

If you live in Puerto Rico, are an Airbnb owner and would like to discuss further please reach out at 787-564-1250. We are currently seeking in the metro area. You can also follow our Facebook and Instagram page.

https://www.facebook.com/AtYourService.5309

https://www.instagram.com/atyourservicellc2019/

Hola Genesis,

I'm actively searching for a property now on the west side of Puerto Rico. Do you support property management in cabo rojo? 

good morning Genisis, in your corporate file it say's company is disolve- is this correct - if not I would certainly like to discuss my property management - please call me at your convenience - 201-306-7103.

MIlton Y. Santos

Mark1670
Level 2
Denver, CO

Good morning all, 

I am joining this forum to seek guidance to opening up a Airbnb in Puerto Rico.  I was born in Colorado but lived with my grandparents most of my childhood and young adulthood in Sabana Grande.  I moved back to the states in 1993 and after working as an addiction counselor for 25 years I am looking at moving back to Puerto Rico and do Airbnb.  My sister is looking for homes to buy near or on the beach.  I am looking for homes in the mountains.  What do we all think?  Just looking for information and perhaps suggestions.  Thank you all for your support.  

Hey Mark,

My wife and I buy, remodel and sell homes here in Puerto Rico. We have been doing so for the last three years in Hatillo, Arecibo, Isabela, Aguadilla, Cabo Rojo and San Juan. We have two beachfront condos for sale right now in Isabela, if interested let us know. They are both 3 bed 2 bath around 1600 sq ft , come with 2 parking spaces, and ground level (important in PR as elevators can go out from time to time with electrical outages). The complex has a tennis court, basketball court, car wash, two pools, playground, soccer pitch, massive backup generators and water cistern. My wife is the vice president on the HOA.

Prior to investing here in PR, we bought, remodeled, sold (and rented long and short term) properties in Hawaii, California, Colorado, Wyoming and Nova Scotia Canada since 2007.

If interested, or need assistance, please email us.

Kind regards,

David & Julia

lauschrealestate@gmail.com

livingindesignllc@gmail.com

Oceano1
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Hi Mark.

We're a property management company that offers services from A to Z to AirBnb hosts, and we can definitely help you in identifying the areas in which the occupancy rates are higher and the avg. profit you may have depending on the municipality you buy your property.

Feel free to call us at 787-368-7088 so that we can discuss details.

We do it all for you!

Ismenia Isidor, CEO

Oceano Vacation Rental Management

info@oceanovrm.com

CarlaCimato

Hey Janice,

As posted previously in this chain, my wife and I buy, remodel and sell homes here in Puerto Rico. We have been doing so for the last three years in Hatillo, Arecibo, Isabela, Aguadilla, Cabo Rojo and San Juan. We also manage our short term property rentals and a few for friends, family and investors. We charge between 15-30% depending on what an owner is looking for in terms of management expectation.

If interested, or need assistance, please email us.

Kind regards,

David & Julia

lauschrealestate@gmail.com

livingindesignllc@gmail.com