Hosting

Hosting

Good Afternoon Everyone I am new to Air BnB and have our first guest staying with on the 3rd May. I have just received notification from the party leader that she is no longer attending but the remaining 3 other guests are. She has mentioned payment details are the same and provided me with the contact number of the new party leader. Can I ask when I should recieve the funds for this booking and is this common practice? I am worried that we will not be paid?

Thanks

Lynn

2 Replies 2
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Her credit card should have already been charged for your space. Airbnb just holds it until the guests check in. If that's the case, you'll be paid anyway. The problem comes from "who" is liable if something goes wrong. In this case - the person who booked the space is still financially liable should you find damage.

So remind your guest that she is still the responsible party. And that you need the name and contact number of EVERY person who will be checking in. In this case, I'd elminate self-check-in if you have it and make the key transfer in person (or have someone you trust meet them to hand over the keys).

Not sure why the heck people use Airbnb and think we operate like a large hotel chain. Sigh.