House with 1 bedroom.

MrMrsHada0
Level 2
Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia

House with 1 bedroom.

Hi everyone!

I would like to know what is the exactname of a landed house that has only 1 room? Wo do we call that kind of house? Thanks in advance for your response. 

11 Replies 11
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Without knowing the size, @MrMrsHada0, a one-room house might be either a cabin or a tiny house. If you could post a photo, it will help.

MrMrsHada0
Level 2

This house actually has 2 bedrooms, But i only open 1 bedroom for rent. 1 of them 1 use to keep my belongings. The actual size of the house is 34ft x 12ft.

But since only 1 room and a kitchennette, living space dining space are used, thesize  balance is 22ft x 12ft. The room has en-suite bathroom. Tq

MrMrsHada0
Level 2

IMG20190307101717.jpg

IMG20190205143124.jpg

IMG20190204184722.jpg

IMG20181115084702.jpg

IMG20181104221407.jpg

IMG20181104220607.jpg

MrMrsHada0
Level 2

And any one who is expert in design to suggest what should i do the make the exterior become attractive and unique. Fyi, this house is newly built.

What do we call for this kind of house? Thank you very much 

MrMrsHada0
Level 2

Thank you very much @Lawrene0 for your response 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@MrMrsHada0  I think the exterior is pretty unique already. Obviously the yard is scrappy looking, I assume due to it being a new build and the grass will take some time to grow in. In the meantime, maybe a colorful welcome mat by the front door, and some pots of bright flowers, like red geraniums. A colorful tablecloth on that outdoor table, set with a pitcher of lemonade and some glasses to make it look like an inviting place to hang out.

I'd call that a bungalow or a studio. And yes, make sure you list it as a 1 bedroom if you have a locked 2nd bedroom where you store your own belongings.

MrMrsHada0
Level 2

Thank you so much @Sarah0 for giving lovely suggestions. Actually, the soil at my house is So hard, very difficult to grow gras etc. I plan with my husband to install artificial grass infront, and awning maube, But it incurs quite high costs.

Frankly speaking, i wonder why still dont get any booking after i open for booking since last week. My price is already low rm78, the location is very near to 2 universities (3-5 mins driving). Is it bcos of my house design which makes people not interested? Or is it bcos this house is located behind my house wc im staying right now, in the same gated area (But i did not mentions that) maybe they read from review.. I got confused n quite frustrated now.

I guest who booked b4, looked like he's frowning when he looked at my house, But after he entered the house, he said the house is beautiful n clean. N he reviewed as this house is less privacy. Iwas like.. Err.. The house suurrounding is So quiet, and we never disturb our guest  once they check in. 

@MrMrsHada0   I think you should mention in your description, under the "Interaction with Guests" that you live right next door. That would avoid anyone thinking that they have the place completely to themselves with no one around to see what they are doing. It also will help as far as getting guests who think they can sneak in more guests without paying, or pets, or throw a big party without anyone knowing. 

"As our own house is right in front of the bungalow, we're always available to answer any questions or help out if needed, but of course we respect our guests' privacy."

I really don't think it's something to worry about that you listed last week and haven't gotten any bookings yet. Just be patient.

Julie143
Level 10
Princeton, NJ

I would call that a bungalow or maybe a cottage.

Maybe some hanging flower baskets on the sides of the front door?

MrMrsHada0
Level 2

Thanks So much @Julie0 for your suggestions. Appreciate that So much. I will try to search for the beautiful flower in pots to be hanged. 

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @MrMrsHada0 

I think that the name of your house could change according countries. Her in Morocco we name it a house or bungalow as @Sarah977 and @Julie143  have suggestd for you.  

Thanks, 

Miloud