How Does Instant Book Work? Concerned because a convicted felon instant booked my listing

Answered!
Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

How Does Instant Book Work? Concerned because a convicted felon instant booked my listing

Hello.  I have had my listing on Airbnb for 15 minutes.  During that time I turned on Instant Book because it said that the guests were verified by Airbnb.  My first guest quickly snapped up a three days stay.  I noticed it was a local person, which I thought was odd.  I googled this person, then searched their criminal history, and long story short, it is a local felon with a very lengthy record.  I did not feel comfortable having this person stay with my family, so I quickly cancelled the reservation.  

However, I now wonder if since they booked with "instant book" if they already received my address and other information about my home.  Do you know how much information is instantly shared with someone who books via instant book?

1 Best Answer
Harvey0
Level 4
Nagoya, Japan

That doesn't sound good. When someone uses Instant Book they immediately receive an itinerary which includes your address and phone number.

Maybe you should turn off Instant Book for the future...

View Best Answer in original post

75 Replies 75
Linda1656
Level 2
Callow End, United Kingdom

How do you turn off instant book?