How do I add the option of pre-approval guest?

Atoosa0
Level 2
Austin, TX

How do I add the option of pre-approval guest?

All the hosts having the option of pre-approval or I should add it? If we should add it, then how?

6 Replies 6
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Atoosa0 You don't need to add anything to send a Pre-Approval.  You can send one when a guest sends you an inquiry (not a reservation request).  Matter of fact, you can send Pre-Approvals to as many guests as you want even for the same dates.  

Pre-Approvals don't work for reservations requests.  On these your options are to accept or decline as you see fit. 

Your should read these:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/838/what-is-a-pre-approval

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/237/how-do-i-pre-approve-a-guest

Hope this clears things up!

Thank you for your respond! One more question. I want to see my guest and have the option to accept them or declined them. Should I do anything for that or airbnb ask me about all the guests before they reserve my place?

@Atoosa0 you can Accept or Decline a reservation request, not an inquiry since the guest is only asking questions.  When you get a reservation request, Airbnb will provide you with the guests' profile.  Click on the picture and you will see what kind of identification the guest has provided.  The highest amount of identification will result in a Verified ID badge similar to the one you have.  

Here's what I typically do: 

1. I have set as a Reservation Requirement that all guest have Verified ID.  Go to Manage Listing and to the left of your listing picture you will see Reservation Requirements. Click on it and select Verified ID.  

2. I ask the requesting guest what the reason is for their stay and otherwise ask questions to see if they make sense.  I had a reservation request recently where the guest told me he planned to visit an area 100's of miles from where I am located so that was obviously a bad fit. When I told him that, he thanked me for letting him know and cancelled the request. 

3. I ask guests to read and confirm that they agree to my house rules before I accept their request.  That way there are no misunderstandings on what I allow. I didn't look at yours, but hopefully you have a comprehensive list. 

4. I look at their reviews if they have them.  I often host guests without reviews as they are new to Airbnb and all have been great. 

A friend of mine who I consider an expert in hosting put together a list of red flags concerning guests that you might read: 

http://globalhosting.freeforums.net/thread/455/red-flags-hosts

After you have more guests, your intuition will guide you. 

PS: in your lisiting title you say "quite"  It should be spelled "quiet"  🙂

Hope this helps!

You are Awsome!! Thank you!

Looks like these questions are all old, so hope someone can help. I had a cabin for rent on air bnb and have decided not to rent it anymore.  However, I have a beautiful spot I rent for an RV, Primative camping, no facilities, just one RV at a time and it does not cost them much. My problem is I get folks in tents. I don't want them to poop in my woods. I say so on the listing and they keep booking. I had one book just a few minutes before they got there during the night. I wake up and there they are. How do I set the listing so that they must have approval before booking? If I cancel the book it makes me look bad.

@Willene0  You need to turn off Instant Book. That's a terrible option for your unique situation. When you turn it off, then guests have to send you an Inquiry or Booking Request, so you have a chance to communicate with them before deciding whether to accept.

And if I were you, I would change my settings to a couple of days advance notice, so people can't book last-minute.

Have you ever considered putting in an outhouse? Maybe with a composting toilet?