How do I change the area my listing is under?

Erica8
Level 1
Pillowell, United Kingdom

How do I change the area my listing is under?

Hi

My listing is showing up only under Yorkley in a search, which is a small village. The cottage is in fact in the area 'Forest of Dean' which is the area people would search for, and isn't even in Yorkley, that's just the closest village Airbnb lists. 

So when I search for listings under Forest of Dean, mine don't show. Only then when I zoom on the map do my listings appear on the map to see, but not under the list of the properties available when looking at the listings in the area.

Someone already helped me with this but it seems it still isn't working. I just want that when searching to see listings in the 'Forest of Dean' my listing shows. It also doesn't show as listed when searching for 'Gloucestershire' which is the county my listings are in.

It wasn't allowing me to add Forest of Dean to the address given under the location, it just wasn't accepting it.

Can someone please explain to me how to get my listings under Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire?

Thanks

ERica

2 Replies 2
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi @Erica8  I found your "chocolate box" listing when I searched under Forest of Dean District, but not your other listing.  I wonder what you did differently as far as location goes for the chocolate box listing.  

If you feel that your first listing needs to be found under Forest of Dean, perhaps you should contact Airbnb to see what can be done to fix it. 

Sometimes Airbnb shows listings under towns that are more prominent even though the listing isn't in that particular town.  For example, in addition to the actual town my listing is in, it also shows up under two towns that are 10 and 30 miles away.  While it may be confusing to guests, it does give me more exposure than if Airbnb just listed the town I'm in. 

This is probably as clear as mud, but do contact Airbnb to see what they can do to remedy your situation.  It does seem odd that the same house is not showing in the same place.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highligh...

Pauline120
Level 2
Cheltenham, United Kingdom

I have the same problem can't change the address which is not my address and guests getting confused ! 

What is the best nos to contact Airbnb