How do I report a guest?

Trent8
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

How do I report a guest?

I recently had a guest who was using fake photos and also did drugs and kinda screw up my place.

I was suggested to go to Twitter @AirbnbHelp and ask for help. So far I haven't got a response yet. 

any other suggestions? Also, Imay need to file a claim for the insurance due to the damage. How do I do that?

thanks

Trent

10 Replies 10
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Trent8

first, go to twitter and look under "tweets and answers" or something like that... then scroll until you see the response under your nickname. If there is no response send them private tweet again. It can take up to few hours.

I usually contact ABB on the way explained first in this thread : https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highl...

Browse through Airbnb help FAQ for damage claim  , the whole process is explained there

@Branka-and-Silvia0

thank you. I did tried both on twitter but never hear back. Not sure if I did something wrong. 

I will try that again

Also, thank you for sharing that post. I will 

I did submit damage claim at resolution center to the guest. however I am looking into the insurance side that we paid for when we host a guest. I looked up https://www.airbnb.ca/guarantee  https://www.airbnb.ca/host-protection-insurance  

i learned about the plan detail and must be submitted within next 14 days after the checkout and before the next guest checkin , but it doesn't mention where I can submit the claim on the insurance.  Would you be able to advise? Sorry if I actually missed that part of info on the that page 

Trent8
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

@Branka-and-Silvia0

I've submitted the Tweet 3 times in the past 36 hours but I did not getting any retweet from support. I see that they have continued to answer people's concern but not mine...?

@Trent8

first you have 48 h to go the resolution center and ask your guest to pay a damage

if he don't want to pay or don't answer than you involve Airbnb to mediate. You should also upload all damage photos, videos and receipts for broken things or damaged parts of your property and describe what happened. You will probably have just one chance to upload ll the evidences you have.

Somewhere on ABB should be the procedure you should follow when you submit damage claim.

You should also flag your guest

The host guarantee is actually not insurance you should rely on and all of us should have our own private short term rental insurance. If you browse this community forum you will find a lot of threads about it. Some hosts get their damage payed, some just partially and some didn't get anything despite numerous evidence.

We do not pay host guarantee. It applies authomaticly when you publish your listing

I always contact ABB on the way described first on the top of the thread I send you. 

Good luck Trent 

@Branka-and-Silvia0

Thanks. I've definitely followed the instruction from that thread 2 days ago. Finally received their response but I didn't expect it would take more than 48 hours.

yes I did flag the guest

Thanks again for your help!

@Trent8

Please let us know how it ended. I hope they will pay you

@Branka-and-Silvia0

for sure, and would love to share the experience here for other hosts.

Thanks again for the following up

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Trent8

Call them?

yup!