How do you close specific days for arrivals?

Drew30
Level 1
San Diego, CA

How do you close specific days for arrivals?

Hi!

I'm wondering if it is possible to close certain days to arrival, but still allow a stay through reservations?  The cleaning company I use is not available on Saturdays, so it's not possible for me to accommodate a check out and check in on that day.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

8 Replies 8
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Drew30,

This is a great idea, and one I have seen posted before.  I would suggest you post it in "Host voice", which is the forum to post ideas directly to the company.  Then post a link here so others will see it.  If enough people thumbs-up it,  or respond (20? 30?) then it is automatically flagged for review by the company.

You never know, but a few ideas have been implemented this way.

Much needed improvement

Jayesh0
Level 10
Urangan, Australia

Hi @Drew30

Here is something you can try.  Go to Availability - Trip Length - Edit - Add another requirement - During = Friday or Saturday - Minimum stay = 2 nights - Save.

As long as the requirement for Friday and Saturday are being met within the guests requested stay dates the system should allow the booking.  I believe this function is limited to the weekend so you would not be able to do this for a Tuesday for example.

You could also just find a Saturday cleaner who would be a great back up person if you ever needed it.

Lisa

Hello   @Drew30 

Just to note, that "Friday or Saturday" setting is very misleading.

It's not just for weekends. It means any reservation that includes a Friday or Saturday.

So if you set a two night minimum for a stay that includes Friday or Saturday a guest can check in on Wednesday for 3 nights and leave on Saturday. They could also check in on Thursday for two nights etc. Yes, if they check in on Friday the must stay Friday and Saturday night.

I set my own listing that way as a test and that is how it worked. The listing was available to check in on Wednesday and check out on Saturday when I had set a 2 night minimum for stays that include Friday or Saturday.

Steve.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Drew30

it would be great idea, and usefull in case where we have 4 available days in a row and 2 days min stay .... but don't want to be booked 2 days in the middle 

Catherine137
Level 3
San Anselmo, CA

For weekends, I require a two day min with check in on Friday.  Here are the steps.

Manage listing

Availability

Trip Length - Edit

Scroll to the bottom and click add another requirement

Set specific dates

Set min stay 

Click box that says guests must arrive on a specific day

Choose Friday

Hit save

I have tested this and it has worked for me.  If someone wants to check in on a Thursday, they can still do that but they will have to stay Saturday night as well.  My regular min days is 2.  For holidays, I have different min stays.  For instance, Fourth of July.  We have a min on 5 days and they can only check in on Friday.  Here is a link to my listing if you would like to test it for yourself.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1802621

Hello @Catherine137,

I'm not sure how it that your guests will have to stay Saturday night if they check in on a Thursday.

On your listing I was able to select a checkin on Wednesday the 12th of July and a checkout on Saturday the 15th.

Steve.

Screenshot.png

Thank you for pointing that out.  It is so strange.  I am looking into it now.  The July 4th restrictions seem to be working so not sure why the other weekends are not.