How do you create an overarching listing for two independent listings?

Judith160
Level 2
Scotts Valley, CA

How do you create an overarching listing for two independent listings?

Hello folks,

I have a property that has two separate cottages each with their own listing. I'd like to offer the two cottages as a single listing as well but I'm concerned about the following items:

1. How would the calendars work? Cottage A is independent of Cottage B until someone wants to book both of them. At that point, all three calendars (Cottage A, Cottage B, and the combined calendar) should be blocked. How do I set this up?
  2. Can the combined listing pull pricing information from each of the cottage listings? I'd like to set it up that the combined listing is priced as the sum of the two cottage prices without having to manage the pricing on the combined listing AND the separate cottage listings. Is there a way I could offer a percentage discount on the combined listing if I desired?
  3. What other things should I be worried about regarding this type of set up? Who else is doing this? I'd love to learn what worked and what didn't work! What would you do differently if you could?

I really appreciate any insights from folks who have done something similar!

All the Best

Judith

4 Replies 4
Lisa1831
Level 5
New York, NY

@Judith160 

I am a guest so I can tell you what I have observed . Some host create a separate listing for the entire property. This listing would have to be by request only. No instant book.

Just thought you would like to know.

Thanks for this insight. I can see how it would work but not quite what I’m hoping for. 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Judith160 @There’s a setting that allows you to link Airbnb calendars.  This is what it looks like on the mobile app:

0141D582-E73E-49BE-9410-EA83D3430E5A.png

Yes, I've seen that link but I'm not confident it will support my goal of linking 2 listings to a single overarching one. In addition, I'm wondering how pricing will work for the overarching listing. Are you able to shed any light on these concerns?

Thanks!