How to change the DATE format?

Answered!
Royal-Loft0
Level 2
Venice, Italy

How to change the DATE format?

Hi How can I change the Date Format.

I am used to DAY, MONTH, YEAR  I grew up with this format, and it is very natural and logical for me, goes from smaller to larger.

the Format MONTH, DAY, YEAR seems very strange to me as it breaks my logic, and the date seems scrambled.

I understand that it is a regional thing, and varies from country to country, However I can not find a setting to change that.

It's all good when the date goes beyond 12, then you can clearly see which is which, but any date before that seems now confusing to me. 

If anyone can help, that would be great!

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Bruna83 ,

I have the normal European date format in my Airbnb.nl account. Are you on Airbnb.com or Airbnb.ch (Switzerland ?)

Best regards, Emiel

View Best Answer in original post

29 Replies 29

Do I understand we're stuck with US date formats?

Does anyone fromairbnb monitor these forums? If not, what is the point?

Even Tripe Advisor lets you change the date format for goodness sake!

Wayne32
Level 1
North Perth, Australia

Seriously AirBnB!!!!   When is this going to happen?

A website as big as yours should be able to fix this.

I have to say that it is very disappointing to see that after a year this has still not been addressed. There are many OTA's, channel managers, not to mention Android, Windows etc that support regional date formats. It is simply not that difficult to implement, which leads me to believe this is a "we do not care to do" rather than a "we cannot do" issue. Disappointed.

Two years and the issue has not been fixed! The date format is also a great issue for me. The biggest problem, however, is not the existence of the problem, but the lack of response to address this problem which has been notified by customers for a real long time already!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Bruna83 ,

I have the normal European date format in my Airbnb.nl account. Are you on Airbnb.com or Airbnb.ch (Switzerland ?)

Best regards, Emiel

Hi @Emiel1, I never noticed I could log into any site. I was in .com because of the language (I wanted to keep things in English), but now I just logged into an .co.uk and that serves the same purpose, with an European date setting.

Thank you very much for the tip.

Bob40
Level 10
Montevarchi, Italy

Ah, it's been fixed on the quiet!! 😉

Emiel is right. If I log in with airbnb.co.uk, rather than .com as I've used since day 1, it shows the correct UK date format!!

Would have been nice if someone from airbnb had explained this (!) but anyway it's finally sorted. The app now works properly too.

If you're not seeing the right format, log out and choose the domain suffix you prefer, .co.uk. or .aus or whatever. Not very elegant but it does work. 🙂

Mike-And-Mo0
Level 2
Taupo, New Zealand

So we USED to have US date formatting in our Gross Earnings download from Transaction History tab, then this was changed to appropriate DD MM YYYY formatting which is what we're accustomed to here in NZ.  But now it's flicked back to US date formatting AGAIN!

So frustrating and makes collating tax info a whole heap harder for me.  Simple fix somewhere, surely...

Zlatko10
Level 1
Basel, Switzerland

More than 3 years...

Fine when I look at it but downloading a .csv file dates are still US. Preposterous!

@Aussie-Mike-and-Sabine0actually that's OK because when you import it into your spreadsheet programme, you format the date columns as MMDDYYYY and it should work for you. In fairness, you can't expect them to customise everyone's downloads.

Can't expect them? Why not? Multi-billion dollar company - why can't it deliver my data in the format of my region? Everything I download from airbnb.es is in US format! The dates are all wrong. The currency the spreadsheet does not recognize because it is 55.55 instead of the correct euro format of 55,55. I can't even add up my income in spreadsheet because Google Sheets (set to Spain locale) does not recognize it as currency.

Saide-and-Ali0
Level 2
Altea, Spain

This is totally bizarre. Why is this not fixed???

Mark3822
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Here is how you fix the dates format issue:

Let’s say you want to convert US dates MM/DD/YY to UK DD/MM/YY:

1. Copy your column of dates and then paste the dates into a column in a new Excel spreadsheet.
  2. Select the whole column
  3. Select the Data menu > Text to Columns
  4. Choose “Delimited” and click next
  5. Untick all Delimiters and click next
  6. Select the dropdown menu format “Date: MDY” and click Finish
  7. The dates will be swapped around to the UK standard and hence will be recognised as such if you then wish to order that column by date.
  8. Copy the column of these new dates and paste back into the original Excel spreadsheet column where the US format dates were.
  9. Separately, for those not so familiar with Excel, you can select the entire worksheet if you want (click on top left square in the Excel spreadsheet) and go to the menu Data > Auto-filter. Then, for example, in the dates field which is called "Start Date", click the small down arrow to the right of the cell and you can order the entire sheet by ascending or descending dates, etc.
Mark

It's a lot easier if you import it the way I suggested above.