How to contact Airbnb AUS office for advice

Brendan227
Level 1
Alkimos, Australia

How to contact Airbnb AUS office for advice

Hello everyone,

I’m wanting to have a specific conversation with someone who works for Airbnb in Australia that can provide advice in setting up an Airbnb in a particular location  (not here in Australia).  I’ve tried putting this to the community but have had no response (which is fine) and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. 
Stay safe! 

5 Replies 5
Sharon1014
Level 10
Sellicks Beach, Australia

Hi @Brendan227 , chances are no-one at Airbnb Aus will assist you personally via phone call.  More likely the CS people will direct you to the Help Centre online subject listing.  Where in particular did you want to set up a bnb and what questions do you have?  You can PM me if you prefer.  Just click on my name/pic and select "Private Message".

Hi Sharon, 

Many  thanks for your reply.

I’m doing some  very early research into the idea of obtaining land, building a villa for personal and commercial use as an Airbnb in Bali. 
I’m interested to hear from anyone who has done this and particularly how it’s been setup from a business perspective , have they registered as a PT PMA etc.

kind regards

Brendan 

Sharon1014
Level 10
Sellicks Beach, Australia

@Brendan227   From the hosting perspective, the first thing you need to be aware of is that remote hosting (when you live a long distance away from your bnb) can be difficult.  You will need a local co-host, someone you can trust who can be available on short notice to physically attend the property if needed and manage any guest requirements, e.g. repairs, problems, enquiries about local services etc. 

You will also need a reliable cleaner who can clean to hospitality industry standards.  Best to look for a cleaner with experience in this area as a standard house clean won't cut it, it needs to be perfect and done exactly as requested to Enhanced Cleaning Protocol standards every time without fail.  Last minute in-person inspection prior to guest arrival matters.  Best not to have your cleaner as your co-host for this reason - you need a separate pair of eyes checking the place over.

I'm not sure about the PT PMA requirements but suggest you speak with someone in Bali about this.  There seems to be plenty of advice on this available on the internet.

The business climate for tourism in Bali is not wonderful at present and that may not change for some time until international travel resumes to something more pre-covid levels.  Alan Joyce CEO of Qantas reckons it will be 2024 before international travel returns to normal, so whatever revenue you think you will obtain needs to factor in a very slow recovery and reduced business.  There are likely to be many villas on the market over there at present (lots of hosts have gone to the wall), so perhaps you should look at buying an established place instead.  I have no idea how difficult it would be to build there at present but there might be issues with supply of materials, particularly anything imported.

Btw, when you post here, if you type the @ symbol, it will bring up the list of people you might want to respond to, just select that person and it will auto-populate in your reply.  When you @Brendan227  or @Sharon1014 for example, the system will auto-advise via email that you have a response awaiting, otherwise ppl don't know that you have posted something unless they actually check the thread you started.

Hope this helps.  Cheers.

Brendan227
Level 1
Alkimos, Australia

@Sharon1014 

thank you very much Sharon 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No-one at Airbnb @Brendan227 will be able to advise you on commercial investment decisions .

If you want to set up a short term rental business in Bali. Start off by doing your market research. Look at;

1. Any STR restrictions and restrictions on foreign investors

2. Do your market research on popular destinations 

3. Identify who you see as your target market and what sort of destinations/property they are likely to be interested in

4. Identify what sort of properties are available within your budget

5. Put together your budget for set up and ongoing costs.

6. Do your market research to identify how many days a year you are like to be able rent and at what rates. This will give you your likely break even/profit rates

Remember the bottom has fallen out of the Balinese tourism market and is likely to remain that way for some time.

Only make an investment if you are confident you can fund all the costs of running the property if you don't get the bookings you want.

Remember other Balinese STR owners are your competitors so many  not be willing to share their knowledge with you 🙂

In terms of building a property I presume you've already looked into issues such as how easy it is to get planning permission for doing this.