How to define very specific availability?

Fahim2
Level 1
Lisbon, Portugal

How to define very specific availability?

Hello everyone, it's my first time posting here, so I'm not sure I'm asking in the right place.

I want to have my listing available for booking, but, without being able to check-in on some specific days.

For example: the check-in cannot happen from Oct 5th to Oct 15th, yet those dates are available if someone books a long stay starting before Oct 5th and ending after Oct 15th (or a stay that can end in the middle of those dates, but he check-in must be before Oct 5th).

I know we can choose "Guests must check-in on specific day" in the availability section, but it only allows us to choose which weekday we want them to be able to check-in. It doesn't allow us to choose specific dates in which guests can check-in.

I would like to know if it's possible to make it so guests (who book any night from Oct 5th to Oct 15th) have to check-in on Oct 4th or earlier.

I hope it didn't sound confusing.

Has anyone ever felt this need?

4 Replies 4
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Fahim2  You will want to investigate the Rule Sets which were introduced earlier this year. You can create them from the calendar, and then you apply them to your dates.

The rule set setup is not particularly intuitive, so after setting them up, do test using an anonymous browser to ensure that you are getting the results that you want and expect.

Fahim2
Level 1
Lisbon, Portugal

Thank you for the reply @Susan151. I have been there and it only allows me to choose in which weekdays they are able to check-in. It doesn't allow me to choose a range of dates (for example: from Sep 25th to Oct 4th) where the check-in is possible. That's where I'm stuck.

@Fahim2 . As I said, not intuitive. You would create a "no-check in rule set" for each day of the week, and then assign those rules sets to the dates between Sept 25 and October 4th.

Thank you for your answer. Do you have any suggestion on where could I find a step-by-step guide on how to actually make this happen? I can't find anything online.