How to increase your bookings and income

Answered!
Ledi1
Level 2
Tirana, Albania

How to increase your bookings and income

I am a new host and I have listed my apartment in AirBnB one month ago. Some friends suggest me to use AirBnB i to increase the benefits. In fact till now I have only one request for 2 days. This fact is disappointing me ... Should get our from this bussines or I should stay and wait? Thank you in advance.

1 Best Answer
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Ledi1 I would suggest improving the photos. They are dark and there are a lot of stuff there. Take brighter pictures, try setting the place up, take closeups, maybe clear some of the boxes if it is possible, add photo of the toilet, it is a very important feature and you don't have a single photo. There is no need of the photo with the entrance door, people can find your home even without booki g, that is not something you would like and it is not a feature that will atract guests. Also the market in Tirana might be saturated with rentals so you need to find a way to stand out. If you want money here and there you can just leave it and bookings will come occasionally, but if you want more regular income you need to dedicate yourself like to any business, you cant just wait for bookings. Make changes to the layout, to the prices, to the things you offer. You need to invest in order to get something in return. 

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Ledi1 I would suggest improving the photos. They are dark and there are a lot of stuff there. Take brighter pictures, try setting the place up, take closeups, maybe clear some of the boxes if it is possible, add photo of the toilet, it is a very important feature and you don't have a single photo. There is no need of the photo with the entrance door, people can find your home even without booki g, that is not something you would like and it is not a feature that will atract guests. Also the market in Tirana might be saturated with rentals so you need to find a way to stand out. If you want money here and there you can just leave it and bookings will come occasionally, but if you want more regular income you need to dedicate yourself like to any business, you cant just wait for bookings. Make changes to the layout, to the prices, to the things you offer. You need to invest in order to get something in return. 

Thanky Anna.

You have fully right. yes the picture are poor. Actually the apartment is in rent and I have no acces still once it will be empty I will replace the photos

Thank you again

I appreciate your advices

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great advice @Ana1136! 🙂 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Mariglen0
Level 2
Durrës, Albania

Hi @Ledi1

@Ana1136 's advises are very helpful. What I would recommend  is try to meet  your guests and show them the  real Albanian Hospitality (mikëpritjen Shqiptare).

Make your listing unique and appreciate  what you have. 

Cheers! 

Linh82
Level 1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I have the same problem with Ledi 😞

I give a good price for guest, 

The room is clean and photo can shows the huge space and tidy room but I don't know why the bookings don't come.

Is there any tips for promote I can action to promote the listing in top1st  to 5th page?

Kat84
Level 10
San Pedro, Philippines

Airbnb requires a lot of patience. I would say that expect to work for free for 6 months. If you can have some income during first 6 months, than you are lucky. Anyway first income starts after 6 months. And that's only true for hardworking hosts, which I hope you are 😊

Hi

As you've only just started out don't throw the towel in just yet! There's a lot you can try to increase interest and boost bookings:

1. Make sure your exterior and interior look their best.
  2. Give your listing a catchy title.
  3. Make sure your description is interesting and accurate. 
  4. Use clear photographs that showcase features (you can even add a 360-degree video).
  5. Research your competition - what's on offer and how much are they charging.
  6. Use smart pricing in line with demand.
  7. Consider offering one night stays.
  8. Link up with local attractions and offer experiences e.g. art classes, tickets to a theme park, etc.
  9. Make sure your profile is complete (Airbnb likes this)!
  10. Work on your marketing strategy - social media, other platforms, etc.

Those are just a few off the top of my head! Here's a couple of links, if you have time take a look, gave me a few ideas!!!

https://www.airbnbtips.com/airbnb-seo-tips/

https://www.igms.com/vacation-rental-marketing/

I hope things get busier for you soon. Best of luck x

Thais130
Level 1
Bogotá, CO

Hey!!

I have searched for some people to help me in this subjetc and www.gouppers.com has helped me since day one to increase my bookings!!!

this my airbnb:

https://es.airbnb.com/rooms/38756052?preview_for_ml=true&source_impression_id=p3_1582050612_iinR5yeq...

I truly recommend GOUPPERS, if you guys want professional services and help to earn more money, increase bookings and have excellent reviews, they are the one.

Kamal-Kishore0
Level 2
Gadiara, India

give some discounts on monthly&weekly stays