How to limit the amount of groups hosted, while retaining multiple vacancies?

Juho2
Level 1
Tallinn, Estonia

How to limit the amount of groups hosted, while retaining multiple vacancies?

Hi,

My problem is that I'd like to host only one group (1-2ppl) at a time due to the limited quarters I have.

Should I know offer two beds or just one bed and tick the box for charging extra for additional guests?

If I offer two beds does the system allow anybody to book the other? And if I only offer one bed does the system let

guests book for one and then they just inform me they are two people and pay the extra? This sounds obvious but how to

pass the message to the guests early on that they are able to book the place for two?

Thank you for your trouble!

- Juho

1 Reply 1

@Juho2

So assuming I understand correctly, if it were me I'd have 1 listing with a max occupancy of 2 guests. (1 listing = 1 reservation, regardless of the no. of guests for said reservation)

Set a base price per night for 1 guest, then have an additional guest charge. Also state very clearly in the listing description (near the top and again in the house rules) that if the reservation is for 1 guest then only 1 bed will be prepared, and if for 2 guests then 2 beds will be prepared. You should also clearly state the type of beds which will be provided (especially if the 2nd bed is a trundle or sofa bed or not a proper "bed") and maybe to leave no room for confusion you could include pictures of the guest room with a 1 guest set up vs.  2 guest set up so that guests can clearly see the difference. Hope this helps~