How to make dates available after cancelling a reservation?

Paige10
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

How to make dates available after cancelling a reservation?

I recently had to cancel my first reservation when a guest automatically booked dates that were not available on my calendar; at least, partial dates weren't available. Now it says those dates are permanently blocked because I cancelled. First of all, I'm not sure how those particular dates appeared to be open when I had blocked them off, but more importantly, I need to open some of them again so that I can accept guests. Apparently, Airbnb has ZERO customer service, so they have been no help in getting explaning why this has happened in the first place, let alone assisting in getting it resolved.

Can anyone help??

Thank you!

9 Replies 9
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Instead of cancelling you should have contacted ABB with the problem that there had been a booking for dates that are available. 

Once you cancel a booking various other things follow through.

David
Rosemary12
Level 9
Burnaby, Canada

Paige

Did you go to your calendar and unblock these dates manually? You should be able to do this. If not, contact Airbnb https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us

@Rosemary12, that is not possible sorry!

RobandAnna0
Level 3
Boston, MA

If you cancel a reservation those dates are permanently blocked. There's nothing much you can do.

I have the same problem, i did not realize i put direct booking and did not wanted to rent to the person who asked it and now my dates are blocked! and there is no way to contact airbnb ;( anyone could fix that? or contact them?

Josh-and-Marianne0
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

I just had this happen today! Is there anybody else out there who got resolution on this issue? I called Airbnb and according to the rep it has been escalated. Since I have my setting on Instant Book that I have the capability to turn away booking. Just wondering what the turn around period is after the escalation.

@Josh-and-Marianne0

Do not understand your comment, if you have IB on you do not have the capability to turn away bookings. Exactly what happened?

David
Martin3105
Level 1
Catalunya, Spain

strange, airbnb states that with instant booking on, you still have the liberty to say no to a guest, but when i did that my ads got suspended because i cancelled to many. Like three or so.

Its my home, and i decide, if thats not possible then i wont rent, easy.

There are penalties for canceling a reservation. You can call Airbnb to remove this penalty, but it is not guaranteed. You have to prove that why you canceled is valid. The idea here is that if you cancel as stay as a host means that those dates are not available, so Airbnb blocks it so that other guests will not book it, and experience being cancelled.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/as-a-host-what-penalties-apply-if-i-cancel-a-reservation-for...