How to offer a discount on a 3 night stay at a specific time???

Answered!
Helen780
Level 2
Macksville, Australia

How to offer a discount on a 3 night stay at a specific time???

Hi guys ...

I have a market stall once a month - it means I loose a Saturday and a Sunday night. How can I offer a package deal - three nights for a great price?

Many thanks,

Helen

1 Best Answer
Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Helen780  First you need to have the professional tool enabled in your profile setting. Then go to Calendar, on the multi-calendar page, block the dates. there is a rule set drop down, choose add new.  You can set custom price and trip length. 

Search for rule set in this forum or in Airbnb site to find more information.

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10

@Helen780:
At this time the function you are requesting is not available on the platform. A work around is to go into your admin Availability setting, click the Edit next to Trip Length, select the days and make the specific days a 3 day requirement. Then go into your calendar and lower the price for those three days. This is not perfect because someone can book the previous or next one or two nights plus one or two of the three special rate days. There is nothing to really to say that if someone books ONLY these three nights then they get a special rate. I think this was a function Airbnb tested a while back and found that it actually did not increase bookings or provide hosts with more income so was not coded into the program.

Thank you very much Tim & Holly - I'll give that a go!!!

Hi @Emilia42 ,

Thank you very much for this information - I've been trying to figure out how to do this!  It was quite easy to get the tools, so now I'm wondering if there is anything I should know?  E.g. Is there a different fee or some kind of charge or anything to use them?  (So glad to have them I feel a little paranoid, seemed too easy).

No, there is no additional fee. My assumption is that the professional hosting tools format was created to help more business professionals and management companies (those with hundreds of listings.) Not too long ago they made it available to everyone but unless you clicked the link to get it you will still likely have the old format. 

Thank you very much for your help with this. I'm very excited to have the new tools!

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Helen780  First you need to have the professional tool enabled in your profile setting. Then go to Calendar, on the multi-calendar page, block the dates. there is a rule set drop down, choose add new.  You can set custom price and trip length. 

Search for rule set in this forum or in Airbnb site to find more information.

Thanks Mike! I'll try that!

Thanks Mike - got it!

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

If offering a 3 night discount arriving Friday with rule sets @Helen780  include no check in on the Sat/Sun.