How to prevent check-in a certain day of the week? (e.g. every Sundays)

Answered!
Fabien55
Level 2
Porto, Portugal

How to prevent check-in a certain day of the week? (e.g. every Sundays)

Hi,

As I can't make the check-in on Sundays, I want to prevent guests from check-in on that day.

But, I also want to allow them to book o that day, I mean if they check-in before Sunday, they can stay on Sunday.

Thanks !

Fabien

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Fabien55,

Does the calendar for the other ad show all Sundays as unavailable? That is, the date is grey with a line through it.

On the other ad, go to its "Availability settings".

Do you see "Not set" when you look at the "Check-in not allowed" line in the "Check-in and checkout" section? If it says "Sundays" then click it and remove the mark from the "Sundays" box and save it. If it says "Not set" and it's still impossible to arrive on Sundays then you should contact Airbnb support to discuss the issue.

Type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Fabien55,

Yes, that's possible.

Go to your calendar and click on "Availability settings" and then on the "Edit" button in the "Check-in and checkout" section. Then click the "Specify days of the week when guests can't check in" link and check the box for Sundays.

Guests then won't be able to check in on Sundays but they can, for example, check in on a Saturday and check out on the following Monday.

Steve.

Fabien55
Level 2
Porto, Portugal

Thank you Steve, well done! 

In another ad, it is the contrary:

I check its availability (while I am signed out from my account), it is impossible to arrive a Sunday, while this one I want to make the arrival possible on any day... How to change this setting?

I don't remember having done any change on "Specify days of the week when guests can't check in".

Thank you

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Fabien55,

Does the calendar for the other ad show all Sundays as unavailable? That is, the date is grey with a line through it.

On the other ad, go to its "Availability settings".

Do you see "Not set" when you look at the "Check-in not allowed" line in the "Check-in and checkout" section? If it says "Sundays" then click it and remove the mark from the "Sundays" box and save it. If it says "Not set" and it's still impossible to arrive on Sundays then you should contact Airbnb support to discuss the issue.

Type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

Thank you @Steve143, we found the issue

While rules were well "not set" in the "Check-in and checkout" section, there were rules that I disabled by FIRST selecting dates in "calendar" and then edit "rule-sets"... 

Thanks again @Steve143