Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

How to re-open calendar for Cancelled Reservation (by Host)

How to re-open calendar for Cancelled Reservation (by Host)

Hello,

I am a Host of "The Gallery Condo - at 100 m from the beach"

I have accidentally Cancelled a reservation [personal information hidden] from 10-Nov-2016 to 03-May-2017 and now my calendar is permanently blocked and not available for make any booking.  It says "Cancelled by you.  To avoid future cancellations, your calendar will stay blocked for the dates of cancelled reservation" 

Is there any way or any solution we could make to open again my calendar back to available during that cancelled period?  

Thank you and looking for your feedback.

Regards,

Laurent

3 Replies 3
Helena52
Level 4
Las Vegas, NV

When you cancelled a reservation as a host, there's 4 penalties upon cancelling. 

1. "Possible" cancellation fee 

2. Automated cancellation review on your listing 

3. Disqualified for Superhost status 

4. Your calendar would be blocked**

If you feel like this cancellation was not your fault, you should contact Airbnb to have them review the scenario. Hopefully they could waiver the penalties for you. (Examples that they would waiver it for you is if the reservation was consider "Guest supposed to cancel" or Extenuating Circumstances) 

Hopefully Airbnb could help your first cancellation. 

Love,
Helena V.
Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

Wow if I accidentally canceled a six-month reservation. I think the first thing I would do would be to call the guest and tell them about the mistake and assure them that their reservation is still good. I'd follow up with a message in the AirBnB system saying the same thing. Then I would call AirBnB and ask them to reinstate the reservation. There is no way in heck I would just let $18,000 in revenue slip away because of a mistake, especially since the guest is probably scrambling to find another place that is available for six months.

Aimee39
Level 1
Kenmore, WA

does anyone have airbnb phone number for this kind of situation?