How to review a group - use all names, only the person who booked the group, or something else?

Answered!
Pamela310
Level 2
Peterborough, NH

How to review a group - use all names, only the person who booked the group, or something else?

Can I mention all people in a group by name in a review? In this case there is only one other. I don't want to be rude, but at the same time wondered if this is a privacy violation. 

My options are to use:

1. Guest's name only
  2. Guest and her/his Group
  3. Guest and cousin (or other relationship - in this case it was a cousin)
  4. Guest name and other name(s) in the Group; in this case it was only one

Thanks so much for your help,

Pamela

1 Best Answer

@Pamela310, yes certainly, ''Suzie & co were great guests''.

You will never remember everybody else... Rather that than to get something wrong. Plus, I often feel that someone in one relationship goes away, breaks up, goes away with someone new, and on their profile forever it says the name of the ex. Unpleasant. Plus general privacy issues. Just makes sense to me.

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

If you know those names, or relations, @Pamela310, you might use them. You may ask your guests, too. Names only is not any violation of privacy. 

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Hi @Marzena4, Thanks for your speedy response. Is this mentioned anywhere in the policies? If so, can you give me a link?

There is no policy on that, @Pamela310

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Marzena4 Thanks!

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Pamela310 I think it depends on the situation, I do generally use people’s names if they are married. If I’m not sure I might just put the bookers name with group.  Some times I forget their names and so just put something like ‘i was delighted to host this lovely couple’ blah blah 😉 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Ria16, how do you know they are married? Could be a temp situation just for the weekend? Or really close friends? Mr & Mrs Smith? Mr & Mr Smith?

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Sandra126True but it generally says something in their profile and their reviews or in their introductory message 😉 just do what ever you are comfortable with;) 

@Sandra126 and @Ria16 Lots to consider and reading their profile for what they make public seems like a safe approach.

@Ria16, Interesting. I'll consider how to do this. Really appreciate the feedback!

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I never EVER use a name.  ''Lovely guests'' ''Great group'' etc. No name-policy is best in my opinion!

Hi @Sandra126, Obviously this is the safest option. I'm so new and there's so much to learn. I can't remember, can people make their profile hidden? If not, the person who booked already shows their name, so even though your practice is safest, what do you think about just using the name of the person who booked? Still pondering that one.

@Pamela310, yes certainly, ''Suzie & co were great guests''.

You will never remember everybody else... Rather that than to get something wrong. Plus, I often feel that someone in one relationship goes away, breaks up, goes away with someone new, and on their profile forever it says the name of the ex. Unpleasant. Plus general privacy issues. Just makes sense to me.

@Sandra126, This makes the most sense for me personally. It is personal and yet keeps the privcy for the accompanying guests. Also, I was thinking about that issue of people breaking up. It's like the wedding photo of the nephew who was engaged to one girl and brought her to a wedding, then broke up and later married the love of his life. Brings up a lot of conversation you don't want to have again and again.

Pamela310
Level 2
Peterborough, NH

@Marzena4@Ria16 and @Sandra126, So very nice to meet all of you. Love the collaboration. Everyone's input helped further the path to a great solution. 

Happy Hosting!