How to review a guest who is terrible but doesn't realize it

Lucilla14
Level 3
Genoa, Italy

How to review a guest who is terrible but doesn't realize it

Hi everyone, I had a hard time hosting this last 2 months, a lot of horrible people. I had to leave some bad reviews, which I have never done before. Now I am in a different situation and I don't know what to do. 

This guest asked for my number right after I accepted his booking. He started texting via whatsapp about stuff he was doing, like we were friends, a week before arrival. I felt a little bit weird but not a big deal, ok. 

He arrived more than 2 hours later than what we had agreed (he's working, I am working, I will work a little bit more, ok no big deal). The second he stepped in to the house he started talking and didn't stop. Never. I had to go because I had plans, but he kept insisting I had to have dinner with him. He was bragging about being famous and rich. He then complained that the house was expensive, that it was too hot, that the bed was a sofa bed, etc etc. I had almost to run away because he wouldn't stop talking to me even after we said bye multiple times and I was already outside the door.

When I arrived to my friend's place I found a text that said "I left my cellphone in your room before you left. Hope you are coming back soon because I need toake some phonecalls". He was in my room because I gave him my guitar (I didn't invite him in but he entered anyway), and when I go out I always lock the door. 

Next day he texted me they had to stop working because he had calluses on his feet so he was home.

I didn't mention I ordered him food the first night because he didn't speak English and it was late etc etc. 

So he was home and asked me to do his groceries. I said no,I was in another city and I would be back late at night to go to a dinner party. 

When I got to the party he texted me when I would be back so I can order him food. Because he couldn't walk... 

He had internet connection, a pizza place 200 meters from the house, and worked with people who could speak Italian. I tried to suggest other ways he could take care of himself, but of course I ended up ordering him food while at dinner with my friends, because "I am injured". 

Next day I go grocery shopping. Ask if he needs anything. He asks if he can WALK with me. I am with my motorcycle so no, but you could walk after all. He asks for water and lemon.

That night I am again with one of my friends. He spent all day at home. He texts me late at night if there is grocery shop nearby. There are. But they are obviously closed. "can you bring me something when you come back? I am hungry." 

At this point I am outraged, but my friend is very zen and has a car so he accompanied me to a bakery and back to my house in the middle of us going out. He justifies himself saying it's an emergency. That he has no cash. There are several places you can buy food from near the house, they accept card and you have Google maps. 

I bring the food to him and tell him I will not take care of his dinner again the following day. He acts like everything is normal (it's still impossible for me to make him stop talking, anyway. He kind of implies I owe him because he says he's filming a serie and he will use my music so he will make me earn a lot of money.)

The next day he is friendly, as always. We have a long conversation (mostly about him and his life and how he is famous and wonderful and so over his ego) and he genuinely thinks we have some kind of connection. Today he is supposed to go away, asked if he can leave his guitar because he will totally come back (my God). Obviously he couldn't care less about the check out time, I don't have the force to remind him.

So, apart from sharing all this.. 

How would you react to this? How would you review him? He is a nice person he just has no clue how rude and inappropriate and over the line he is. And how can I prevent him from booking again? Please help, I don't wanna see him anymore but he thinks we're gonna sign a contract for my music or something like that XD

1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Just say something like - very interesting guy but I but I think a hotel with room service and a night porter etc would be better suited to his needs.  

Then - block him from messaging you on WhatsApp etc