I am new to hosting from Iceland

Nikita12
Level 1
Borgarnes, Iceland

I am new to hosting from Iceland

Hello loves, I am new here in airbnb. I just wanna know how should i advertise my place Is there any advise?

thank you in advance 

3 Replies 3
Tania-and-Andrew0
Level 10
Cancún, Mexico

Hello!!

Welcome to Airbnb. My first advice would be to deactivate instant booking until you get the feel of how hosting and receiving guests is like. Also, make sure guests can only book for the following 3 months and not have your listing completely open

Additional people should have an additional fee, you never know how many people will be shoved into your place. 

Are you close by?

It's a big house, I wouldn't recommend just 1 night bookings as I am sure cleaning and adjusting between each guest will take most of the money earned from the first night.

The place looks fantastic! If I'm ever in Iceland I would seriously consider it. 

Oh, I would put a bit more photos of the house and what's included and maybe a little less of the area (but do not take them all down).

Cheers!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Nikita12

Welcome to Airbnb

I agree with @Tania-and-Andrew0 - some great comments.

I think you could definitely do more with the inside photos - for example in the bedroom I can't see any storage space, and the bed looks a little strange from the angle it is taken. And why no photos of the bathroom.

I can't stress enough how important it is to take off instant book until you are familiar with using Airbnb. And I would suggest you make it clear if only two are staying it is for one room in your house rules and include an additional price for the third and fourth person.

Good luck.

Xavier95
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

i am am new to hosting in Iceland too! It's going fairly well so far, is there anything I should look out for or try to avoid?

Also, is there a proper group for hosts in Iceland on here? We should start one if not!

here is my place: http://abnb.me/EVmg/YdBWGQJJBF

any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks,

Xav