I am trying to send a special offer to a guest, but am not seeing where I can do this?

Lynn56
Level 2
Powell River, Canada

I am trying to send a special offer to a guest, but am not seeing where I can do this?

I have a guest that I would like to send a special offer to, but option is not showing up in the usual area. I changed the amounts on my calender to reflect this price, but the old price is showing up on their request. I need to solve this quickly as they would like to come today!

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Lynn56,

Did the guest send you a reservation request or was it just a booking inquiry?

If they sent you a reservation request you don't have the option to send a special offer.

If they did send a reservation request you can change the price by going to "your reservations", selecting the reservation and clicking on "Change or cancel." Then enter the new amount and click on "Submit".

If the guest sent a booking inquiry follow the instructions below to send them a special offer.

How do I send a guest a special offer?

Steve.

Hi Steve,

I have already accepted the reservation, when I do as you suggest, I don't see any option to change amount.......it just has "awaiting payment"

Lynn

Hello @Lynn56,

Then the guest must have sent a reservation request and Airbnb is in the process of getting the payment from them.

There must be some issue with the guest payment as that process usually takes just a few sconds.

It's up to Airbnb and the guest to complete the process within 24 hours. Nothing you can do.

If payment is eventually successful you can then change the price as described for reservation requests.

Steve

ok, thanks Steve, I'll give that a try.

Lynn