Problem with accepting an alteration booking request.

Meagan-and-Wade0
Level 3
Winston-Salem, NC

Problem with accepting an alteration booking request.

I need help ironing out this glitch. I have a guest who wants to add two extra nights onto an original booking but Airbnb doesn't seem to allow me to accept it and I do not want my guest or I to be penaliz. I need to figure this out asap since I've been trouble shooting this problem for awhile now. 

9 Replies 9
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

If you are trying from the computer, try on your phone and vice versa.  Airbnb is riddled with glitches, but sometimes trying a new web browser or new device works.

Thank you. I tried my iPad and my phone but next was my laptop. Everything else has worked perfectly from my phone. Sadly I do most of my work from that since I'm out running kids around most of the day. Thank you again. Wish me luck 

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Meagan-and-Wade0 Alteration requests can only be done through an internet browser such as Chrome or Firefox.  Airbnb's mobile app does not currently support this function.  Both hosts and guests must do it this way.  😞

Thank you so much. I tried another device but it was not chrome or Firefox. I will try this. Would be nice to know this. My guest was not mad at me but very disappointed in Airbnb and their lack of testing an reservation change option. And the fact that it has been so hard for me to solve this. Wish me luck.
- Meagan

@Meagan-and-Wade0 Yeah, while mobile devices, IPhones and Android, are very convenient, they are not optimum for all functions on Airbnb.  I only use my phone for notifications and use my laptop with Chrome for everything else.  So far, knock on wood, I haven't had any problems.  Even Airbnb acknowledges this:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/446/which-internet-browsers-work-best-on-airbnb

Well other than running around with kids, my husband takes the laptop for work trips so I don't have access to it all the time. It should just be a glitch that they fix. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Simple solution would be to just book the extra 2 days rather ths doing an alteration.

David

@David126, True, but then it gets complicated if the host has set their availability settings with a prep time after each reservation or have a minimum stay requirement that is more than the extra days.  Alteration requests are cleaner, if, of course you are on the right device!

That's what I thought initially @David126 it's a bookend alteration. One night infront and one night at the back end. So to me I would assume they would get not only two extra cleaning fees on top of the original two nights they already booked but also I have a two night min.