I can't find my guidebook

Leanne99
Level 10
Adelaide, Australia

I can't find my guidebook

Hi All,

I am a new host and have filled in lots of details into my guidebook and have been directing guests to check it out but when I search for it, I cant actually find it (in guest mode) on either my Safari, Chrome or iOS browers or App.  Can anyone give me some clues? I have checked out the suggestions on other threads and it seems this is not an uncommon issue. When I look at the neighbourhood or map info, I can only see my descriptions I have entered under the listing.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Leanne

4 Replies 4

You have to disconnect as an owner profile to see it.

Amy-And-Michael1
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

I am having the same problem. I created guidebooks for all of my listings (I wish there was a feature that allowed me to share guidebooks but that is a different issue) and now the guidebook is not being displayed on my listing page. I have open different browsers and disconnected as an owner (not logged in). The only workaround I just discovered is to go into each listing and in the edit function of the guidebook at the top is "Print this guidebook" - I have then copied the URL (i.e. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1856798/guidebook) into my saved welcome messages to the incoming guests. Not ideal, but at least my guest now have a way to see what food and restaurant options are close by to the house. 

New update - looks like the guide book has been added back to the listing page but the url system has changed. They now also allow you to have one master guide book (or multiple) instead of having to make one for each of your listings. The one thing I don't like is that they pull photos from the web when you geo-locate a place - https://www.airbnb.com/s/guidebooks?refinement_paths%5B%5D=%2Fguidebooks%2F1338089  - as you can see from some of the points of interest some of the photos are less than stellar. I have taken to pasting the new link into the welcome messages in case they missed the guidebook in the listing.  

Hi @Amy-And-Michael1 ,

Thanks for posting an update 

I agree, it’s frustrating to have no control over the guidebook images because they can be random to say the least!

It may be ok to harvest them from ‘the web’ (still not sure where exactly they are getting them from) when the places are well-known tourist places but if you want to highlight places off the beaten track, there may be no photos or really unsuitable ones.

It would be great if we could upload our own photos or choose to hide unsuitable ones - eg bad photos or weird ones of random people etc. I’m sure guests don’t understand that we aren’t in control of guidebook images  so you could have lovely informative shots on your listing and terrible  or even inappropriate ones showing up in your guidebook.

If I could figure out where the images are being harvested from, I’d post decent pics there myself but despite some research and asking elsewhere here on the forum, I haven’t found out yet.

Does anyone have any clues?

Thanks,

Leanne