I can't login using android app on tablet

Susie72
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I can't login using android app on tablet

Hi,

Whenever I try to login to the android app on my tablet (new) I get the message Login error - update your airbnb app.

I've repeatedly reinstalled the app with no effect. Login works on computer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Susie

24 Replies 24
Markus119
Level 1
Zurich, Switzerland

I have exactly the same issue on a Pixel C with Android 8.1.

Bill205
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I also  have this problem but in my case the app works OK with my Android phone (Samsung A3) with Android 7.0  and my PC but not with my android tablet (Samsung Galaxy S2, also Android 7.0) where I get that message.  I also have tried deleting and reinstalling but to no avail.

Same here.  Works fine on my handy, on my computer, but not my 7 inch android touchpad.

Neither the mobile data nor the wifi works?

Because I had the same problem. When I used mobile data did not work, but when I used the wi-fi it worked.

I've been looking for a solution and I found one, I hope it works for you too.

Try to follow these steps:

Settings>Mobile Data after that search for the airbnb icon and you will find something like "allows mobile data usage". She was off to me and that's why it did not work, but after I changed, it worked smoothly.

I hope it works for you too.

Herman25
Level 2
Amherst, Canada

I am having the same problem with my Samsung S3 tablet (no data) with Android 7.0. It will not allow me to log on and instructs me to update my app. Tried clearing my data and cache all without results. Works fine on my phone so the account and passwords are all in order. Looked everywhere to find an email address or help line for assistance and none to be found. 

Does anyone have any idea how to go about this, or is Airbnb even monitoring this problem?

No luck on the Pixel 2 either.  After a difficult verification process, I just keep getting bounced back to the username and password screen, no matter what I do.  It would be nice to think that Airbnb is monitoring this problem, but there probably aren't enough humans working for them do do so...

Marios18
Level 1
Athens, Greece

Yeap! I am facing exactly the same problem...

Amanda930
Level 1
Waben, France

airbnb app not compatible with new tech. i.e android pie - samsung s8/s9/s10 etc...

Amanda930
Level 1
Waben, France

airbnb app not compatible with new tech. i.e android pie - samsung s8/s9/s10 etc... - login problem - just doesn't work. Airbnb must be loosing a fortune from people not looking at their properties!

Ben683
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Yep me too Samsung S9 wont pass log in page

Tomoyuki3
Level 2
Toyonaka, Japan

My oppo r17 pro doesnt work too.

Richard1271
Level 1
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada

Won't work on my Pixel 3 either. I can't find the setting to allow mobile data access like some has mentioned.

Very annoying.

Sebastián57
Level 2
Bogotá, Colombia

Hello guys, I think I found a solution. It appears app is having problems with newer versions of Android. What I did was I logged in to the website, went to Account > Security > Login History and I logged out my device. After, I went to the app settings through App info, I  pressed "clear cache" and "clear storage", then went to Permissions and allowed all of the permitions on the list, such as Camera, Contacts, etc. Then opened up the app, entered my login credentials, tried to log in, failed at the first but if you keep pressing the right arrow to login it will eventually log in, it took me like 8 attemps. Hope this works for you.

Paul1697
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Thanks Sebastian. I didn't have to clear the cache or change the permissions. I just kept pressing the login in arrows multiple times and it logged in after about 6 times