I had a guest book my place and had to cancel within 24 hours. He did not read the cancellation

RuthAnn2
Level 1
Naples, FL

I had a guest book my place and had to cancel within 24 hours. He did not read the cancellation

I had a guest book my place and had to cancel within 24 hours. He did not read the cancellation policy after finding out that I as the owner would be home during his stay.  His wife was upset and he wanted to cancel.

So I cancelled it for him and gave him his money back.  AirBnB blocked those dates and now I can't figure out how to make them available for other renters.  What is happening here.  They have blocked me from renting my place due to a cancellation and I need those dates to become available.  It was my first reservation and I had no idea they would block these dates if I cancelled the reservation.

Also, does AirBnB hide from hosts?  There is no email address, phone number, or anything to get customer service other that an inadequate online FAQ support page.

Help,

Ruth Ann **

1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@RuthAnn2 All the platform sees is that you cancelled a guest's booking - it does not understand the reasons why and automatically applies penalties. Contact Airbnb via Twitter for fastest response - search for Airbnbhelp