I have not received the full amount of payment

Answered!
Daniel2339
Level 2
Córdoba, Argentina

I have not received the full amount of payment

Hello! 3 days ago Airbnb sent me around 3900 Argentinian pesos, but I’ve only received 2800 pesos. I’m wondering why this happened.

All the other payments I have received were the same amount sent, according to the app. Which is why this payment intrigues me. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks for your time 

1 Best Answer
Diego541
Level 10
Rosario, Argentina

Hola @Daniel2339 @Quincy @Daniela1075 @Emiel1

Contesto en castellano para explicarme mejor.

Se trata de la retención de impuesto a las ganancias del 28% dispuesta por Resolución General AFIP 830 del año 2000 a quienes son sujetos no inscriptos en el impuesto.

La retención no la efectúa ni AIRBNB, ni tu banco, ni la AFIP, sino la empresa financiera intermediaria entre AIRBNB y nosotros los anfitriones, que está obligada a efectuarnos la retención por la mencionada resolución y depositarla a la AFIP dentro de los 10 días hábiles siguientes a la finalización del mes de realizada.

La manera de que no te retengan es inscribirte en Monotributo, o como responsable inscripto, según tu situación fiscal y tus ingresos previstos para el año fiscal.

A mi me pasó, me inscribí y dejaron de retererme.

En caso de estar inscripto no corresponde la retención y por lo tanto deberías hacer el reclamo a la empresa financiera.

La forma de ver las retenciones es a través de la página de AFIP www.afip.gob.ar

Ahí ingresas con clave fiscal y consultas en Mis Retenciones.

Cualquier otra duda a disposición.

Saludos

Diego

----GOOGLE TRANSLATE----

Hi Daniel Quincy Daniela Emiel,

I answer in Spanish to explain myself better.

This is the withholding of income tax of 28% provided by General Resolution AFIP 830 of the year 2000 to those who are subjects not registered in the tax.

The retention is not made by AIRBNB, your bank, or the AFIP, but by the intermediary financial company between AIRBNB and us, the hosts, which is obliged to make the retention for the aforementioned resolution and deposit it with the AFIP within 10 business days. following the end of the month of completion.

The way they do not hold you back is to register for Monotributo, or as a registered manager, according to your fiscal situation and your expected income for the fiscal year.

It happened to me, I signed up and they stopped retererme.

If you are registered, the withholding is not applicable and therefore you should make the claim to the financial company.

The way to see the retentions is through the AFIP page www.afip.gob.ar

There you enter with tax code and queries in My Withholdings.

Any other doubt available.

regards

Diego

View Best Answer in original post

24 Replies 24
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Daniel2339,

I think you should have a look at the Transaction History pages and see what amount has been payed out.

If it is 3900,- , then something went wrong in the transfer and if it is 2800,- you can see why it is decreased.

Maybe there was a refund from another reservation ?

Best regards,

Emiel

Hi! Yes I checked the transaction history page and it says 3900 pesos were payed out. So I am guessing something went wrong in the transfer since I only received 2800. Thanks for your answer, I will call the number on the app to see if I get some answers.

Daniela1075
Level 2
La Rioja Province, Argentina

Será la retención que hace el banco del 28%??
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Daniel2339,

Welcome to the Community Center. 

I hope everything gets resolved for you asap. Would you mind letting me know how it goes? 

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Diego541
Level 10
Rosario, Argentina

Hola @Daniel2339 @Quincy @Daniela1075 @Emiel1

Contesto en castellano para explicarme mejor.

Se trata de la retención de impuesto a las ganancias del 28% dispuesta por Resolución General AFIP 830 del año 2000 a quienes son sujetos no inscriptos en el impuesto.

La retención no la efectúa ni AIRBNB, ni tu banco, ni la AFIP, sino la empresa financiera intermediaria entre AIRBNB y nosotros los anfitriones, que está obligada a efectuarnos la retención por la mencionada resolución y depositarla a la AFIP dentro de los 10 días hábiles siguientes a la finalización del mes de realizada.

La manera de que no te retengan es inscribirte en Monotributo, o como responsable inscripto, según tu situación fiscal y tus ingresos previstos para el año fiscal.

A mi me pasó, me inscribí y dejaron de retererme.

En caso de estar inscripto no corresponde la retención y por lo tanto deberías hacer el reclamo a la empresa financiera.

La forma de ver las retenciones es a través de la página de AFIP www.afip.gob.ar

Ahí ingresas con clave fiscal y consultas en Mis Retenciones.

Cualquier otra duda a disposición.

Saludos

Diego

----GOOGLE TRANSLATE----

Hi Daniel Quincy Daniela Emiel,

I answer in Spanish to explain myself better.

This is the withholding of income tax of 28% provided by General Resolution AFIP 830 of the year 2000 to those who are subjects not registered in the tax.

The retention is not made by AIRBNB, your bank, or the AFIP, but by the intermediary financial company between AIRBNB and us, the hosts, which is obliged to make the retention for the aforementioned resolution and deposit it with the AFIP within 10 business days. following the end of the month of completion.

The way they do not hold you back is to register for Monotributo, or as a registered manager, according to your fiscal situation and your expected income for the fiscal year.

It happened to me, I signed up and they stopped retererme.

If you are registered, the withholding is not applicable and therefore you should make the claim to the financial company.

The way to see the retentions is through the AFIP page www.afip.gob.ar

There you enter with tax code and queries in My Withholdings.

Any other doubt available.

regards

Diego

Daniel2339
Level 2
Córdoba, Argentina

Hi @Quincy @Diego541 

Thanks for your answers, Diego is right. it’s a 28% retention because of the AFIP in Argentina. Sucks a lot, I will try to outmaneuver it by using PayPal. 

Thanks for your help,

Best, 

Daniel 

Ok @Daniel2339 @Quincy

Si Paypal no te funciona probá haciéndote monotributista con la categoría más baja. Es más barato que la retencion del 28%. No sé cual es el costo que te significa PayPal como anfitrión.

La categoría más baja de monotributo (B) si sólo pagas el componente impositivo es de $111,81 mensuales.

En caso de pagar jubilación y Obra social se eleva a $1294,12 mensuales.

Lo cual sobre un ingreso mensual supuesto de $10.000 significaría casi un 13 %, muy por debajo del 28 % en caso de no ser monotributista.

Espero sea de ayuda.

Saludos

Diego

---GOOGLE TRANSLATE---

If Paypal does not work for you, try doing monotributista with the lowest category. It's cheaper than 28% retention. I do not know what the cost of PayPal as a host means.

The lowest category of monotributo (B) if you only pay the tax component is $ 111.81 per month.

In case of paying retirement and social work, it rises to $ 1294.12 per month.

Which on a supposed monthly income of $ 10,000 would mean almost 13%, well below 28% in case of not being monotributista.

I hope to be helpful.

regards

Diego

@Diego541

Segun tengo entendido PayPal cobra 5%. Después por medio de NuBi te depositan a tu cuenta en argentina. Sumados ambos creo que no llegan al 10%. Voy a probar y cualquier cosa aviso. 

Gracias por la info del monotributo! Si no funciona PayPal haré eso. 

Saludos

Perfecto @Daniel2339 @Quincy

En ese caso Paypal sería más conveniente entonces.

Igual mantenenos al tanto.

Lo quiero tener como opción también.

Saludos

Victor591
Level 2
San José Province, Costa Rica

Ya usaron pay pal? Estoy en Costa Rica y use pay pal esta primera vez y tienen mi pago detenido por 60 días... es normal? Cual a sido tu experiencia??

Hola diego, recurro a vos otra vez que tenes mucha experiencia... ! Queria preguntarte a quien le hacen la factura. a Airbnb o al guest?

Si la factura hay que hacerla por el monto que realmente entra en la cuenta bancaria, al guest no le coincidira con lo que pago. Por otro lado el que nos paga es Airbnb, por lo que la logica indica que deberia hacer las facturas para ellos. 

Vos como haces? a quein le emitis factura?

Gracias!

Bruno

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for getting back to me  @Daniel2339 and thank you @Diego541 for the helpful answer. 

I hope everything goes well for you. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Daniel2339 @Quincy thank you!

Zviad1
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

I also havent received my payment yet, my confirmed check in was on 3rd February and today is already 8th. I called Airbnb and they told the special department will contact me to solve this issue but still no reply.
The reservation number: **
Please help

**[Reservation number hidden - Community Center Guidelines]