I just joined and I'm not able to use the $55 off for new users!

Cameren0
Level 1
Milwaukee, WI

I just joined and I'm not able to use the $55 off for new users!

Copy and navigate to this link to get up to $55 off your first Airbnb trip — only available for new Airbnb users. I literally created my account and have never booked before. Not even once - ever. But it's saying

"

Looks like you already have an account
These coupons are only for those new to Airbnb. You can still earn credit by inviting people you know to join."

I literally created the account like 20 minutes ago. I mean it should at least say so in the database or whatever. I even sent my pictures like TODAY. What the heck! I need help, it's really irking me. I'm a legit new user and I guess the thing never applied?!

Do I need to create an entirely new account AGAIN? Because then I would actually be angry.
1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Cameren0  Perhaps you tried to book too soon after creating your account. Airbnb site tech isn't the best- there can be lags and weird messages. For instance, when a host sets up a new listing, they'll get messages saying they need to improve on something about their hosting, when in fact, they've never even had their first guest yet!

Maybe wait a day to try booking to see if the system rights itself- if not, contact airbnb to see what's going on. Ways to contact are in a pinned post on the first page of this Help forum.