I'm nervous about joining hosting

I'm nervous about joining hosting

I I am thinking about joining airbnb.  We are building a garage with an apartment upstairs. One downstairs this would be for airbnb.  I am nervous about all of this.  

2 Replies 2
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Anne1669 Hope you are well. What specifically makes you nervous with regards to beginning this venture? Perhaps we can better assist you... thanks! 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Anne1669  Since you're still in set-up mode, I'd advise you to check in to the forum here on a daily basis or as often as possible. You'll get a good overview of hosts' concerns and problems and read advice from other hosts on how to resolve those dilemmas or avoid them in the first place. You'll read lots of horror stories, but you'll also read about wonderful experiences that lead hosts to love what they're doing and assist others to overcome the possible pitfalls. We all try to help each other out here. I think if you do this, you'll feel less nervous and more equipped to deal with whatever comes your way, as well as understanding a lot of the non-transparent things about the platform and how to start off on the right foot.

I can tell you that I've been hosting a private room in my home for almost 3 years and have virtually no bad experiences and a string of wonderful guests.