I sent an invoice for additional services

Answered!
Maria1522
Level 2
Exning, United Kingdom

I sent an invoice for additional services

Hello, I sent an invoice for additional services - picked up and dropped off. I can't see where a record of this is kept or whether there will be any deductions for this from AirB&B or how long the booker has to pay. Can anyone advise? Many thanks

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hi @Maria1522.  Just to make sure I am following your post, you sent a request for money via the reservation, right?  The message is sent to the guest and the guest then approves it.  Once approved the additional funds will be collected from the guest credit card or payment method.  If the request comes before the check in, you will be paid along with the nightly fee.  If the request is after your nightly rate payout, it will come as a separate payout.

When I have used this function I received an email confirmation of the guest approval.  You did not get this?  Perhaps the guest does not know to approve the extra charge?  Send a message to the guest to clarify the process.   Hope this helps.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Maria1522. I guess you should have used the option of requesting money from your guest. And attach the invoice when they ask for it.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I did sent an invoice request via AirB&B but just can't' see where a record of this would be kept for me to look up. I also didn't receive an email confirmation when I sent this, which I thought I might. As this was for driving the person to and from a collection point I have no invoice to provide. I've checked in Future Transactions but this doesn't appear. If I wanted to resend this how would I do this? Thanks again for your help, appreciated 🙂

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Sounds more like an Uber thing, but better to take the payment in cash in the future.

David
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hi @Maria1522.  Just to make sure I am following your post, you sent a request for money via the reservation, right?  The message is sent to the guest and the guest then approves it.  Once approved the additional funds will be collected from the guest credit card or payment method.  If the request comes before the check in, you will be paid along with the nightly fee.  If the request is after your nightly rate payout, it will come as a separate payout.

When I have used this function I received an email confirmation of the guest approval.  You did not get this?  Perhaps the guest does not know to approve the extra charge?  Send a message to the guest to clarify the process.   Hope this helps.

Hi Linda, yes I sent an invoice request, but didn't receive an email confirmation, then couldn't see where to find details of this on my account. I tried to resend an invoice (once I'd worked out where to go) but it came up with a note to say I'd already sent one (hoorah)! so have emailed to ask her to arrange payment. I'm sure I'll get in the swing of things soon 🙂 Do you know if AirB&B charges against the additional charges? If so I will need to bear this in mind, as I only covered my fuel costs for collection/drop off, as I didn't think these would apply.

So the system is recognizing that you sent the request, tight?  Until you get a message that the guest has approved, you will not find it noted anyway.  It will show up in your transaction later.  As to the fee you charge, it is up to you.  If this is a service you often provide, you would note it in your description.  If it is only this guest, you would have communication on the Air BNB messaging system that the guest understands and agrees to the additional charge.