I wrote a review but it does not show up and I cannot see the review my guest wrote

Jonathan274
Level 1
Buffalo, NY

I wrote a review but it does not show up and I cannot see the review my guest wrote

Two days ago, I wrote a good review for a really great guest for whom I wanted to be sure received a glowing review.  I received the "your review is now saved" message after writing it but there must have been a glitch with AirBnB because I the system did not show that I had written a review and I could not view the review left by my guest, which should be available once I leave a review.  I immediately went to try to do the review again but AirBnB showed an error message that I could no longer edit the review.  I am concerned because this guest deserves a great review.  My dashboard shows that I still have 7 days to write a review, but the site will not let me leave a review and does not show the review that I wrote.  Does anyone know how to solve this?  I need to resolve it before August 9, 2017

12 Replies 12
Isabel203
Level 10
Halifax, Canada

@Jonathan274, reviews are not visible until both guest and host have submitted reviews OR 14 days have passed since checkout. If you received a message that your review has been saved, it sounds like all is good.

Aogán0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

@Jonathan274,

I think it's exactly as Isabel stated, your guest simply ashn't written their review yet. Until then (or the 14 day time limit), you won't see anything. Most hosts seem to write their review for guests first, thereby encouraging the guests to do theirs too. Hopefully your guest will get round to it shortly, and then you'll be able to see both reviews 🙂

Hi Aogan:

Thanks for the reply.  The guest did write a review at approximately the same time that I did and confirmed this to me.

Hi Isabel:

Thanks for the reply.  The guest did write a review at approximately the same time that I did and confirmed this to me. It has been about 10 days since we both wrote our review. I called AirBnB and spoke with a help center representative who told me that she could see both reviews and she read to me the text of my review and the review left by the guest.  She could not explain why the reviews were not visible and referred the case to a supervisor.  I received a call back 2 days later from the help center again stating that they could not explain why the reviews did not display.  As of today, my review does appear on the profile of the guest (which is good) but on my dashboard, the site still tells me that I need to leave a review for this guest and the guest review does not appear on my profile.  It appears that this is not only a mystery to me but also to the AirBnB help center. 

I think though, that maybe you are correct and the guest review is stuck in posting limbo and might appear after 14 days have passed.  I hope that will be the case.  Thanks again for your reply.

I'm experiencing the exact same thing you are.  I wrote the review, it says they wrote a review but I can't see theirs until I write one.  It will not let me edit or rewrite the review.  They were great guest and I would like to let them know.  

Can you post if it shows up after 14 days?

Michael-And-Marisa0
Level 1
Prince Edward, Canada

Hi All-  I am having the same issue.  I wrote my guest a review, and I also got an automated message from Airbnb saying that the guest had also written a review.  So both should be visible, but I can't see either.  I still get the "write a review" notice next to the guest's reservation.   Airbnb needs to do some work on the code.

Laura1008
Level 2
Ensenada, Mexico

I am having the same problem.  My guest wrote a review today, AirBnB saidits hidden until I write a review.  I wrote a review, but my guest's review is still hidden and Air BnB tells me that I have have a write a review, but when I click on the link it tells me that I can't edit my review.  Frustrating!

I have looked on my guests reviews and mine is there.  I'm still getting you can't edit your message and it is still telling me to write a review. 

Debbie148
Level 6
Oak Park, IL

I am having the same problem. I wrote a review after clicking on the link in an email, instead of using Notifications. My guest also left a review, which I read in an email. Neither one is showing up on the Airbnb site. I could just resubmit under Notifications, but I didn't save the review I wrote. Glitchy. This is the second time this has happened this week. 

Naomi8
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

The same thing has happened to me. Both guest and myself have left a review but neither is visible. A message appears saying I need to write a review but then says I cannot edit my review. Who does one contact? 

Michelle560
Level 2
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

Same thing happened to my review. I have submitted a review 3 times of my guest who checked out 2 days ago. Each time after I click submit, there's a message that says the review has been saved. But when I return to my dashboard, there is a request to leave a review on the guest's profile. Can anyone help??

Anthony343
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Similar problem here! I reviewed guest. They tried to review me but the system didnt accept their review. Now they dont know how to submit a review that is visible!! No help anywhere!!