ID Verification this is rediculouis

Scott516
Level 1
Kingston, Australia

ID Verification this is rediculouis

I have literally decided today to put my team onto AIr BNB so all our work travel accommodation is handled this way. So as the boss thought I would try it first..... on a monday and when we are all busy.

Its been 5 attempts to get my pic to macth my id. It wont accept it. Ive got 35 people in my team who are now just throwing their arms up and walking away. Thanks guys. You lost me and all of them too.

The hilarious thing is. We are actually all in the business of fraud prevention and looking at similar tech for a client.... needless to say this will now be our example of, when things are not working, customers walk away.

35 people who travel monthly....

3 Replies 3
Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

I think the air bnb site is not suited for block bookings just by one person from a particular work force department as third party bookings are NOT allowed on this site.

Its the individual persons guest profile that is posted on the air bnb site.

Its the individual persons government ID for the individuals guest profile that is verified for the air bnb site.

Its the individual persons guest photo that is posted on the air bnb site as many hosts don’t feel comfortable doing business with a workplace logo, plate of spaghetti, pet or a teddy bear.

Many hosts are just individuals hosting in their own homes although their are some hosts who deal in renting out ‘units’ having bought several properties in a particular area.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Hi, @Scott516. Sounds like something went haywire with the system. Were all 35 of you registering at once from the same set of computers? I think not, as you said you went first, but asking just in case. Once in awhile a guest will write to tell me he is having trouble getting his ID to match, but it sorts itself out when he reboots. 

If you are walking away, no worries, but if you do want it to work, and it continues to give you grief, do give Airbnb a call to see what's up.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

>>You lost me and all of them too<<

We're hosts, @Scott516, not Airbnb peoples. So we haven't lost you at all.

Best of luck all the same.