IDfy

Vinith0
Level 1
Kochi, India

IDfy

Hi All,

I received an email like this and have almost started to provide the information before I decided to check the email address from where the mail was sent. <hello@airbnbmail.com>

AirBnBFraudEmail.jpg

Regards,

Vinith

**[Post Title Updated]

10 Replies 10
Gagan1
Level 1
Singapore

Hello,

i got the same email as listed in my post: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/HOAX-email-from-Airbnb-idfy/m-p/339571/highlight/true...

The email looks exactly like yours. Not sure if this is legit or not!

Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

HI @Vinith0 @Gagan1 This issue has been written about before and at first glance, it does seem like a hoax or scam, however IDfy is legitimate. See a post by our Online Community Manager Lizzie HERE.

If you do a search on these forums for Idfy, all the posts should come up, including Lizzie's responses to each. Hope that gives you some peace of mind! Karen

Not very promising! i can bring 100 lizzies if you need.

You see the point don't you?

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Vinith0 and @Gagan1,

Just to add to @Karen-and-Brian0's great post and the link she shared, for future reference, it is possible to check whether an email is actually from Airbnb or not by checking this Help Guide - it lists all of the domain names used by Airbnb.

It is definitely worth checking these things, unfortunately there are many scammers out there!

Kirstie

What baffles me is the number of times i need to be verified by Air BnB before I can be left in peace to conduct business. I am a superhost and I have been to many Host meetups the last one being in Mumbai. I have raised this issue but i have got no satisfactory response.

I called this company IDfy and the representative on the phone informs me that Air BnB provides them a list of people to be verified and i feel offended that Air BnB is begining to behave like everybody needs to be probed even after all verifications have been completed in the past.

I have also requested a visit from an official photographer to take pictures of the property which was completed and photographs uploaded directly by the photographer which were approved by Air BnB.

Can someone confirm if Air BnB requires repeated/ periodic verification/ reverification or if this is an error that has not been rectified?

Sure feels like Air BnB does not trust partners in India.

Trifino0
Level 2
Goa, India

I had earlier written to request if the IDfy verification was legitimate.

There was an immediate response from the India office of Air Bnb confirming that the verification was legitimate and those like me who had earlier done a verification through a company called FIRST ADVANTAGE appointed by them (before IDfy) did not require to participate in the present IDfy appointed verification process.

They informed me that they would communicate to IDfy about this and I would recieve a confirmation from IDfy that I would not be required to take the verification and there would be no deactivation of my account as a result.

I am still awaiting this communication from IDfy.

If you have not been verified by any external company officially appointed by Air BnB like First Advantage or IDfy - you would need to go through the verification process once, as just uploading your identification (which was a requirement before June 2016) is not enough.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Vinith0@Jacquline0@Trifino0@Karen-and-Brian0,

I just wanted to let you know that I have just posted an overview of what to expect from the IDfy verification process here in the Community Center, including som FAQs. Here is the link: IDfy Verification Process in India

I hope you find this useful and thanks for your help with this. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I have been out of business since a long time back because this crazy IDFY thing, by using a co-host, since I was far away. When I tried to go through the process I had many problems, but one was that they wrote: "Thank you for being a co-host to Christina." I have no ideas who this Christina is, but my co-host they never contacted and finnaly I was deactivated and it is not possible to activate it again.

More over, they are refusing to pay me what they owe me and the support is not willing to help me with any of those issues.

I have already registered all details with IDFY o don't whether it's a scam or true trustable.... Please help me

Trifino0
Level 2
Goa, India

I have not been getting any bookings from Air BnB since of late i guess i have been delisted because i refused to be continually harassed by the identification company. As a superhost at one time i felt extremely betrayed by AirBnb and their attitude of mistrust towards their partners in india. They can do well without me as a partner and i hope they do. I have nothing more to say except to wish you well with your association.