If someone copies the name of my villa can i do anything with abnb?

Neaw-and-Stephen0
Level 2
Ko Samui, Thailand

If someone copies the name of my villa can i do anything with abnb?

My home which is now an ABNB rental is and has been called Baan Suaan Serenity sine we renovated it. Serenity is the name of our daughter. It mean Garden house of Serenity(big gardens). We list it on Abnb as such. Our location is Laem Sor.

Ths week three new villas were completed in the jungle about 300 metres away as the crow flys. And by soem strange coincidence as listed on ABNB as Serenity Laem Sor. The style and taste is nothing like ours(personally i really dislike but im biased) and you could fit all three of the villas into our garden. However they are already causing confusion with taxi drivers and I am concerned that the name is so similar that it could cause confusion I certainly dont want to be asosciated with these villas.I sent a mail to ABNB and got no reply.

Is it a like it or lump it situation?

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Neaw-and-Stephen0  The name of your listing is less important than the rest of the listing description.  Don't worry that someone copied your name but be aware there are hackers that copy and hijack the listing.  Do you think that is what is happening?

They are not hackers its a property managment company. I think the action is more aimed at riding on the back of my ABNB tripadvisor, booking.com,agoda etc reviews. In all this villa has 90plus reviews at 98% satisfaction.

A friend of mine had villa (he sold it) that he used as holiday rental, aond coincidently the same company somehow used the same name. He didnt care as his sale contract was being executed and new owner was going to live in the villa. Once is a coincidence, twice? Hmmmm