Inconsistent Actions from Airbnb

Inconsistent Actions from Airbnb

Airbnb locked out my hosting account on March 16th, 2020, without a reason and canceled all future reservations. On April 11th, they accepted that they made a mistake and they fully restored my account. They paid the full amount for the incorrectly canceled reservations for between March 16th to April 14th. And they told me that they will try to rebook the future reservations with a check-in date is later than April 14th. However, later they stated that they will only pay for a fraction of the total amount of the reservations with a check-in date between April 14th to April 21st and there will be no payment for the reservations after that. I’d like to clarify that these cancelations are not related to any extenuating circumstances or COVID-19. These are not canceled by the guests. Airbnb has already accepted its mistake and they stated that these reservations were canceled incorrectly by them.
So, they are making only about $752 payment for more than $30,000 worth of reservations. Moreover, they are rejecting reissuing the superhost status that I deserved before they had canceled my account incorrectly.

Now I am taking this case to the court and I just wanted to let other hosts know about what kind of company we are dealing with. I’ll keep you updated.

1 Reply 1
Hilal10
Level 1
Boston, MA

What a fraud! Looking forward to hearing good news.