Incorrect Guest Feedback

Erin58
Level 2
Austin, TX

Incorrect Guest Feedback

Hi everyone! I've only been hosting about 6 months - is the "guest feedback" hidden? or able to be seen by everyone? I recently had a guest that booked a VERY last minute stay (night before, and we don't normally do that) we turned him down (via message), but he begged and begged if he could come, I reluctantly said yes, but explained that we had another guest who wasn't leaving until late the next day, but that he could bring his bags around noon to leave here. He showed up at 10am. We were all still sleeping (we work nights) but I woke up to his phone call at 10:15 and said yes, he could come back and leave his bags early (he was across the street eating breakfast). 

I felt like I was pretty acommodating during this whole experience, and even though he left me a good review, the guest feedback underneath the review said that the "host was late for the check in". 

Do I need to dispute this? Or is it even visible for anyone else?

3 Replies 3

@Erin58   Check your listing as a guest would see it and look at reviews and you will see it if it is public. If it is you can respond by stating "guest was xxx hours early etc".     If it is in the private review section it won't show so no need to reply.

Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

usually private feedback (not viewable by the public) has a picture of a 'padlock' next to it

Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Wow! This guy sounds like he really didn't appreciate your kindness but that sometimes happens. I've had people being unfair too but the best thing is to simply let it go! A new guest will appreciate your kindness I'm sure and since you received a nice review from him anyway then let it go.
The hidden feedback is if the guest wants to say some last words to you that wasn't suitable for the review for some reason. It for your eyes only so don't worry about!

On to the next I say! 🙂