Instant booked, but unresponsive host

Marie340
Level 3
Tokyo, Japan

Instant booked, but unresponsive host

Hi Airbnb community,

I have 'instant booked' a plce for my upcoming trip but the host remains largely unresponsive. Despite my several attempts to message her on Airbnb (no reply at all) or to call her mobile (doesn't connect), I have not been able to hear aything back at all from her. Now I'm left with only ten days to my stay, not having been informed the street address or how/when to check in.

The host did not have any reviews yet, but as a new host myself, I was optimistic about booking with her. I am rahter reluctant to cancel becasuse 1) it is super high season (New Years in Havana, Cuba) and I have little to no alternative left in the area, and 2) cancel charges might fall on me. I leave for Havana in 5 days, so it would really help me sleep better at night to have solved this prior to my departure. 

Has anyone ever had a similar problem with instant booking? I'd like to know if anyone has successfully worked around a similar issue? Many thakns in advance.

Marie

2 Replies 2
Raffaele-and-Astrid0
Level 10
Coogee, Australia

HI @Marie340

Instant book a place with no reviews..ahi ahi..."maybe" is a fake listing, if the host don't answer, contact airbnb and explain the situation, they will help you to find another trusted accomodation, and "maybe" will refound your money 100%.

here you will find the contact: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#U1616...

good luck

Raf

Thanks @Raffaele-and-Astrid0! In hindsight I agree it was quite a gamble instant booking a unverified listing but I felt comfortable as other hosts had been accessible. Yes, I've written to their Customer Care Center -  while they were prompt at responding, provided no tangible support, telling me there's nothing to be done from their end... I'll write to them again eventually but I doubt they'll help arrange for another accomodation nearby. Thank you though!