Instant booking

Dimitris16
Level 1
Athens, Greece

Instant booking

Added a new listing without turning on the instant book. The day after i had an instant booking as it turns out that the instant booking was on. i can't accomodate the reservation because of various reasons. This is not my fault. i never use instant booking as a host.  i never cancelled a reservation before  in my history of 100 bookings so far. What do i do now ? Please help! I wrote to the customer that this is not a booking i wanted and the the instant book was on by error of airbnb. The customer insists on the booking. What to do now?

3 Replies 3
Sarah160
Level 5
Adelaide, Australia

Very unfortunate but unless the Resolution Centre accepts your reasoning and takes responsibility, I think you are going to have to cancel. I am really unhappy that airbnb is pushing Instant Book on us like this, putting us lower in search results when we don't have it...!

@Dimitris16

When you start a new listing the IB is on by default.  You would have to turn it off manually.

You have 29 listings and the two that say "new" still have instant book turned on.  As a professional broker, you need to be hyper vigilant when it comes to handling the ins and outs of Airbnb.  It's interesting that I cannot find any bookings for either of those properties on their calendars - so which listing are you concerned about? 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/484/how-do-i-turn-instant-book-on-or-off

With 29 listings at your disposal, you probably have space for this guest to move to another location.  

If not, as an IB user, you do have some benefits for cancellations if they meet the criteria for exception.  You can look all of this up in the Help Center and if you want to contact Airbnb, use the "search for anything..." box above and utilize the community help guide to contacting Airbnb before you cancel the guest.