Inteligent price identification

Tamara427
Level 1
Hausen bei Brugg, Switzerland

Inteligent price identification

Hi,

I created a new offer and activated the inteligent price identification. The system generates now for all days only the Minimum price, this is not what I want  Does somebody know why? Thanks Tamara

4 Replies 4

@Tamara427  Smart Pricing is not smart at all. It's a deeply flawed algorithm that is designed to keep Airbnb competitive with other platforms - not to help you maximize your revenue. This often turns into a race to the bottom. So unless demand is particularly high, it will probably be constantly minimizing your prices and giving you "tips" to lower them even further.

I can guarantee you that you as the host are smarter than the robot. So I recommend turning off the robot and setting the prices as you want them. 

Tamara427
Level 1

@Anonymous Cheers, we did change the pricing and turned off the robot 🙂

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Tamara427  It takes a little time for it to start going up.  It uses data from past bookings, so if it's a new booking, it might not have enough data.  Also - if you don't want the minimum, set the minimum to what you DO want.  That's the only way to make it work to your advantage, not to Airbnb's advantage.

Tamara427
Level 1

Thanks Ann72 for the Advice!