Is anyone having luck with wheelhouse pricing?

Hollie6
Level 10
Page, AZ

Is anyone having luck with wheelhouse pricing?

I heard about wheelhouse on here and went ahead and signed up and the pricing seems to be working and making me more money but I've just recently noticed a glitch in one of my listing and it not showing up for certain dates and I wonder if this is a glitch with Airbnb or because I signed up with wheelhouse

16 Replies 16
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Hollie6 

If the listing does not show up for certain dates, it is most likely a failure in the setup. You can test which of your listings show up for certain dates on this link:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=39235366&map_toggle=true&search_type=unknown

And then check the failing listing for errors in the availibility.

It's only certain dates that you can't see my property as a traveler. For example, this week, my property was available the 14-18 but only the 18th showed available. If you searched for housing on the 14-17th mine did not show up and it was available. Thank you for the link and I'm certainly going to check it out.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Hollie6 I use Wheelhouse and haven't noticed any such issues. What exactly do you mean by "not showing up for certain dates"?

Since I noticed I wasn't getting any bookings for the past week and this is our busy time of year I went and searched my property as a traveler. If I put in the dates for today for example my property doesn't show up yet my property is available for today. It does show up available for the 18th and other dates. So its not like its completely blocked. Very discouraging and costing me a good chunk of change.

Sandra694
Level 2
Houston, TX

Ok. What is wheelhouse? I assume a pricing model. What others are there and what success have you had with them? Tia

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Sandra694  Www.usewheelhouse.com ... has more than doubled my revenue.

It is going to increase mine as well! Love it! I just wanted to make sure it wasn't what was causing this glitch I'm having in my listing.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Hollie6 you have several listings. Which one?

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7491459?s=67&shared_item_type=1&virality_entry_point=1&sharer_id=392353...

However it is available now for the next few weeks at least but it didn't show up for 5 nights this week that I would have for sure booked so not only does this cost me money it costs my housekeeper money and she really counts on it during our busy time.

@Hollie6 “Availability” is not the same thing as search ranking. The former is completely within your control (see your calendar) but the latter is not. You can gauge it by narrowing down the geographical search area to see where you show up. Search ranking is affected by many factors. If wheelhouse is pricing you too high that could be one.

I'm not sure I follow you.  I've been a host for many years with multiple property's and I've never had this happen (at least that I've noticed) When I searched the dates my house was available only 27 property's showed up (we are a very small town) and mine was NOT one of them. I even had a few friends check to see if they could find it and they also could not find it. So I guess I need to know more about this search ranking. Wheelhouse has been on the money for the most part. Tonight they have me higher than I would price it but there are only 3 other property's so I'm going to check it out and see if it books. Last week they had my Friday really high and I booked last minute, so I'm still testing the waters with them. Thank you for your time and feed back.

Kat84
Level 10
San Pedro, Philippines

Is wheelhouse better than Smart pricing by Airbnb? 

@Kat84  From the reports on this forum, it does seem better.  However, it's not available everywhere - for instance, it's available in some parts of the US, but not in Maine, where my listings are.  When you sign up and put your Airbnb link in, they'll let you know if it's available there.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Kat84 Yes, much better.