Issues with Hosting on Airbnb

Raj24
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Issues with Hosting on Airbnb

For the first time I am having multiple issues with Airbnb after years on the site as traveller and host.

I have received no payout for the past 2 reservations, contacted customer support several times who says they are still looking at the issues with my account. I have had a guest who stayed in my property and accessed my private room on Aug 6 when I was away travelling. Clearly searched through my drawer for valuables (I do not store any key valuable in house, tho. small value items in principle a stressful experience). 

I have another new guest due to check-in today and stay for 10 days. While I do not want the guest to be stranded I will have to allow guest to stay this evening, and then show a budget hotel they can put up. I do not see the point of hosting when I am not even getting paid + because of the stressful experience I wish to pause Airbnb hosting at least temporarily. Anyone can advice how to resolve payout issues. Already reached them via Twitter.

3 Replies 3
Sharion0
Level 9
Santa Rosa, CA

@Raj24 Hi Raj, wow, that's too bad. Did you end up having to send the 10-day guest to a motel? I would think Airbnb would move quickly on your payments if they knew you were going to allow the guest to stay one night only out of a 10 day stay, that looks very bad for them and I'm sure the guests will be on the phone with them quickly. I can't say as I blame you, waiting for one payment is bad, waiting for two is worse and certainly would make me think twice about letting someone stay for 10 days and not be assured I would get paid. I have only been hosting for a few months, but I have read a lot about Airbnb on the boards. It seems to me they have grown astronomically, in fact so fast that they haven't hired enough customer service reps, accountants etc. to keep things moving in the right direction. They will need to adjust this pretty quickly otherwise they will certainly have problems with trust and reputation. Do please update us with what happened.  

Raj24
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

@Sharion0 Appreciate your answer. Yes that's the point. This time I ended up going out of the city the weeked, locked my room and away while the guest he is still here after second night stay. I am waiting for a day more today Monday to get some clear answers from Airbnb. Thanks again.

@Raj24 Good luck, kind of you to let him stay until you get this straightened out. I recieved a last minute booking for last night for a one night booking today. I so wanted a break from hosting ( I'm on a 90 day streak), but forgot to block my calendar. So what happens...the guest showed up a few minutes ago, tells me he's been in the emergency room all day, he has a virus!!! I'm so pi$$ed! What's he donig now? He's in the bathroom throwing up! I don't need this:(.