Key Icon - Check-in Guide

Jeremy486
Level 1
Milborne Saint Andrew, United Kingdom

Key Icon - Check-in Guide

Hi

Has anyone else noticed the key icon has been removed from the messenger section in the app? I know find it much more difficult to send a link with my check-in guide on. Is this permanent? Having to message guests with the information and takes longer. I have now created a saved message but the key icon was awesome as it had pictures and information.

10 Replies 10
Ruth807
Level 2
Fayetteville, AR

Yes! I agree! Why did it go away?

Allison228
Level 2
Brentwood, TN

Yes! Where is it?

Toby40
Level 1
Phoenix, AZ

Very annoying. I have found that guests don't get or read all the communications from Airbnb ahead of time, so I frequently used that icon to send them the instructions on the day of check-in.

Yuchi0
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Where is it? I need key Icon .........

Allison228
Level 2
Brentwood, TN

I was also worried When I saw that it went away but what I realized is that Airbnb is automatically showing the check in guide three days prior to check in. Now there is no need for us to send it.

Really? How did you notice this? And is it permanent in their inboxsfterwards? 
as sooner i experienced as a guest, that it vanished and i had to call my host during the night. I had to wait 1,5 hours to get in touch, i was f@@@ing upset....

can i be sure it is done automatically?

Kate221
Level 5
Atlanta, GA

I have also experienced the missing "key icon" on my app to pass on the check in details. It's really handy for people who are new to the interface! It's been a few months now. When I lost the ability I started copy/pasting from previous messages but then it wouldn't even allow me to do that. I'm currently troubleshooting with an Airbnb rep but this has gone on for months. Goodness I hope they fix it soon.

Sonia210
Level 2
Makati, PH

Same here. The key icon disappeared from my phone app just a few days ago and it is now February. 

JimandMarilyn0
Level 1
Richland, WA

Yes, it has happened to us too. I contacted Airbnb about this about a month ago, and although they acknowledged receiving my question/complaint, I’ve heard nothing since. 

Jodi-and-Robert1
Level 1
Lincoln City, OR

Well it’s October and it looks as though Airbnb is not addressing the concerns of their hosts. I’ll try messaging guests with a previous link I sent to prior guests, hopefully it works. This is very frustrating