Lack of reservations

Diana37
Level 2
Washington, DC

Lack of reservations

I am a host in Washington DC, in the Kalorama neighborhood. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/11658294?s=gB3CQNHN&guests=2&adults=2&check_in=2017-07-16&check_out=201...

About a month ago I posted here that I had no reservations after July 1.  I still don't.  Other hosts made suggestions for my listing, and I have followed most of them.  I also joined HomeAway where fewer people read the complete ad than people here.  Only one short reservation from them so far, what with mostly groups/families of 4 people wanting a 2-person bed.

I have been relying on Airbnb to help pay my rent.  I am of an age where I don't have the option of looking for other employment. I am really running scared at this point.  My last two guests have said that DC is not a place they wanted to come nowadays, but that their professional meetings were here.  Are other hosts finding this true. Has Airbnb mysteriously blocked my calendar?  How do I work around this?

DW

2 Replies 2
Daniel655
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Personally when I book my airbnb I book it very close to the date I am actually traveling.

When looking at your calender you have bookings from now until July.

And looking at your reviews you have had quite a few quests the past month as well.

so I am a little confused? to me its seems like you are doing just fine and actually have quite a lot of bookings?

I mean its booked all the way until July.  If anything that's quite good?

It's just that last year at this time, July & August were well-booked, too.