Last minute reservation requests.

Jarod0
Level 3
Oakdale, CA

Last minute reservation requests.

I received a reservation request 8/1/16 at 12:30 am for check in on the same day? I have guests in home checking out today at 11 am.

I cannot get cleaners on such short notice with another guest checking out.

Is there some way to block reservations for same day stays? I need at least 24 hours to communicate and make arrangments with cleaners. I see I can block 1 day prior and 1 day after a reservation, but that is not what I am looking to do. I just cannot take reservations in the middle of the night for same day stay. Not realistic when I depend on a thrid party to clean.

I have worked hard to attain superhost status out of the gate as a new host. I try not to decline reservations as a result, but this one is untenable due to timing. I have only declined 1 reservation as they had 9 people and my ad is for 7 guests only. Another issue unresolved, as I cannot figure out how to set up listing for no extra guests. Apparently, according to the person with 9 guests, my listing says 7 guests but then says no charge for extra guests. Only setting I can find are in additionla pricing options and it only allows me to add a price for extra guests, not limit the number of guests to only 7?

7 Replies 7
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Jarod0

Have you ever looked at your availability settings??

Yes, I have it set to "Advanced notice: At least 1 days notice" but still getting requests within 24 hours.

This is also where I saw I can block 1 day before or after a reservation. But I am only looking to block requests under 24 hours.

I think the previous person was referring to this input on the availability settings page. It is a different setting than the one you are referring to (which is preparation time). If you're still getting requests within 24 hours even though it says "at least one day's notice" the setting is not getting saved for some reason.

blcokoff.png

just decline it. this has no impact on super host status unless you're using instant book and are actually canceling a reservation.

Thanks. Still trying to figure out a lot of things on this site.

Laurie99
Level 1
Pikesville, MD

I have availability set as 3 day s- and still get last minute booking also - I also had instant book on - luckily this wasnt an instant book - I have the same problem - I cant notify the cleaners with less than 3 hours

We have had SO many last-minute (same-day) requests this summer, we’re wondering what’s going on. Is there a way to charge a little extra for requests made with less than 24 hours’ notice?