Least Listing

Jennifer718
Level 2
Mombasa, Kenya

Least Listing

Hey,what could be the problem with my listing. All l see a numerous people views,but l message l read all the time is Least no.of listing.what can l do to improve. I belief l have met most of the minimum requirements for Listing

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hello @Jennifer718, I was able to find your listing on the first page of the search.   If you are getting views on the first page and no bookings, then you need to make your listing more marketable than your competition.  One good way to get ideas is to have friends look at your listing and make suggestions as to changes in photos or amenities.  You should look at your competition and decide if a slight lowering of price to get started is a good idea.  I did that when I started.  You want to take advantage of the early search boost given by Air BNB to new listings.

Good luck!!

Jennifer718
Level 2
Mombasa, Kenya

Thanks Linda for the advise

@Jennifer718

When your listing is new, you may have to do things differently. It is only temporary.

You should look at the listings around yours. Search using the map by moving it to your area, but don't put in any dates, # of guests, or anything. This will show all the listings nearby. Figure out what places are like yours, and price yours lower than theirs for now. The reasons:

1. People are reluctant to book a listing that has no reviews. A lower price can help overcome their concern about booking an unknown.
  2. You need reviews as soon as possible. Listings with lower prices get bookings faster. Faster bookings mean getting your first reviews faster.
  3. Guests are more willing to give you a good review if they feel they got a good deal. A lower price should help with that.
  4. Your lower price is only temporary. Once you have enough great reviews, you can put your price back where it belongs.

Always keep in mind that the temporarily lower price doesn't mean your listing is worth less than others. It is just something you are doing to get started.

And yes, like @Linda108 said, have people who you trust look over your listing and suggest improvements.

For me, I don't like photos that are tall; on my screen they appear tiny. I like the wide photos. I want to be able to see your beautiful rooms in a nice big picture.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi @Jennifer718 ,

I agree on @Linda108 and @Matthew285 , but like to comment on some details of your listing:

- no kitchen (in amenities), but photos show a kitchen : confusing !

- strict cancellation policy applies (for a new listing rather uuhh... strict !)

- Price is same for 1 or 2 guests. Maybe lower it for 1 guest, add charge for second guest ?

(also more fitting to your description of suitable guests)

- cleaning fee is rather small amount, maybe leave it out or include it in basic price (your minimum stay is set to 3 nights, so cleaning fee not neccesary to compensate extra work for 1 or 2 night stays)

- weekly discount is only 5%, monthly 10%.

- Description says: "idle to accommodate a couple, etc.." (but you probably mean: ideal ?).

Happy hosting!

Emiel